parents of lister and kemp....help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents of lister and kemp....help please

looking for george listers parents born 1864 married julia e holder again i have lost them.. i looked on marriage lines and father is william ,but no births or deaths for williamthats what i would like....and parents of hirst kemp born 1865,and last can a death for martha osler nee brown married george osler 1824 george born 1795......thankyou :( brenda xxxx
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-10, 21:04.

im still getting a white page when i upload. keeps saying fatal error and something on twitter....again brenda

Comment

Hirst Kemp - 1881 census
      Wm. Cameron c 1826  Darley, Yorkshire - head Head Bowling, Yorkshire
      Isabella Cameron c1834 Addingham, Yorkshire - wife
      Hirst Kemp c1865 Bradford Horton, Yorkshire - step son

living in Bowling, Yorkshire

RG11; Piece:
      4439; Folio: 33; Page: 31
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
        im still getting a white page when i upload. keeps saying fatal error and something on twitter....again brenda
        Not sure what the problem is Bren. I know Tim was fiddling with things earlier when you mentioned it but I think he has finished now.
        Elaine

Comment

1871 census
          John Gerrard c1835 - head
          Isabella Gerrard c1834 - wife
          Horst Kemp c1865 - son
          Ellen Gerrard c1838 - sister
          Frederic Hy Robinson c1855 - nephew
          RG10; Piece: 4479; Folio: 65; Page: 34

Marriagefor Isabella Kemp and John Gerrard
          Marriages Mar 1871
          Gerrard John
          KEMP Isabella
          Bradford, Y. 9b 85

Further mariage for Isabella
          Marriages Dec 1879
          CAMERON William
          Gerrard Isabella
          Bradford, Y. 9b 105

So it looks as if Hirst was the son of Isabella Kemp - possibly born illegitimately, although I suppose there is a possbility that Isabella was married before she married John Gerard in 1871.

The birth certificate of Hirst would give you more information
          Births Mar 1865
          Kemp Hirst
          Bradford Yk 9b 151
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            So it looks as if Hirst was the son of Isabella Kemp - possibly born illegitimately, although I suppose there is a possbility that Isabella was married before she married John Gerard in 1871.

The birth certificate of Hirst would give you more information
            Births Mar 1865
            Kemp Hirst
            Bradford Yk 9b 151
            There is a tree on Ancestry which shows that Isabella Spencer married John Kemp in 1864.
            Presumably John then died and Isabella married John Gerrard in 1871.

Ancestry tree
            Elaine

Comment

I am getting the same message Brenda something about twitter and not being allowed ???

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                I am getting the same message Brenda something about twitter and not being allowed ???
                Thanks Val - I´ll make sure Tim knows about it.
                Elaine

Comment

screengrabs or exact descriptions of what you were trying to do would be helpful ladies, as would the content of your browser's address bar when the error occurs
                  https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

I was trying to post a question on the research ?? using IE8 if it happens again I'll try and remember to copy and paste it .

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
                      .. a death for martha osler nee brown married george osler 1824 george born 1795......thankyou :( brenda xxxx
                      Found this one
                      Deaths Dec 1882
                      OSLER Martha
                      Downham 4b 235

Age at death is given as 79, which would give a birth date of c1803
                      Elaine

Comment

have copied and pasted the message I got when trying to post a query ? its on the Looking for thread

Comment

thats the same for me.only on research brenda xxx

Comment

elaine...you put a thread to a family tree for me its gone can you please give it me again,i put 2 page testers up with what is happening when i try to put a thread or reply on here thats gone too.brenda xxx

Comment

Bren, there is a link on post #6 of this thread - just click on the words "Ancestry tree"
                              Is that the one you mean?

Re your thread(s) last night about the problems you were having with blank pages, we deleted them this morning as hopefully Tim has sorted the problem. If you are still having problems then let me know.
                              Elaine

Comment

thankyou everything seems ok now have a good day brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                  There is a tree on Ancestry which shows that Isabella Spencer married John Kemp in 1864.
                                  Presumably John then died and Isabella married John Gerrard in 1871.

Ancestry tree
                                  elaine wont let me in as im not a paid member i get the page to be a member,im on the free one.brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda

I found your George Lister shown as Lester on the 1881 census with his maternal grandparents George Reed bn 1806 and Margaret Reed bn 1804 in Wetherby.

Backtraced and found George shown as a Stepson in the 1871 census to a William Scaife bn 1811 and Harriet Scaife bn 1835

William Scaife married Harriet Lister in 1869 Wetherby.

Willliam Lister married Harriet Reed in Leeds 1858
                                    William Lister and Harriet are seen together in the 1861 census

William Lister bn circa 1827 Thorner. occ Ag Lab

Does this fit with what you know?
                                    WendyP

Comment

hi wendy im not sure have you harriet marrying twice.brenda xxxx

Comment

Yes that right Brenda, she was.

Harriet was born Reed (Reid) depending which census/doc. you look at then met and married a William Lister in 1858 in Leeds then in 1869 married William Scaife.

If you dont have full access to the census I can send them on to you.
                                        WendyP

Comment

Working...
                                        X