Rescue disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue disc?

I am getting a bit paranoid about losing everything on here. I have the WD passport for backing up (and that terrified me when it wouldnt recognised a partition or something last week). ANYWAY, I seem to remember that I should have a rescue disc. I thought that is something you do through MS? But I see my Kaspersky suite offers to do it. Im going in now and just wanted to check, I am doing the right thing arent I? Or should I be copying it from somewhere else on my puter please?

Thanks Val, checking that out I have done a rescue disk but I dont think its what I meant The kaspersky rescue disk I THINK is a back up for the virus checking stuff. I want to do a disc of the whole Operating system so that if the puter crashes I can just put it all back with one disk and not have to faff about adding drivers and stuff forever. Other thing is, Ive got another thread running because the Recovery disk OS (or whatever) on the puter under disk management says its full on here. I cant see how as Ive only used about 3 gb of space on the puter. I think somehow it keeps duplicating rather than just adding on new stuff but I dont know how to clear it and I keep reading you shouldnt wipe it. Oh dear ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
      I am getting a bit paranoid about losing everything on here.
      Heather - are you referring to a set of Recovery discs which will enable you to return the computer to factory settings .... or are you talking about data back ups?
      Elaine

Comment

I think its the factory settings Elaine

Comment

I think instructions may differ between various types of computer, but go to Start - All Programs ... can you see a folder called Recovery Manager with an option to create recovery discs?
          You will probably need DVDs rather than CDs but it may tell you how many discs are required before you start.

If you can't see it there then give us the make and model number of your computer.
          Elaine

Comment

oh that Heather , I did all that when I first got my Laptops just in case???? lol

Comment

Working...
            X