Superantispyware - loading up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superantispyware - loading up

Somehow Ive managed to add superantispyware to my computer when it loads up.

Now I cant find it in my programs to delete but Soluto says its in my Boot thingy.

How can I get rid of it anyone please? Ive tried MSCONFIG and its not listed there either.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 31-08-10, 19:11.

If it is not listed in the start tab whe n you use MSconfig, it may be just launchingt via a shortcut link in your start folder

When it is running, you have the 'options' button. Go there and remove the tick from 'start with Miscosoft Windows'
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 31-08-10, 20:53.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Brilliant Trevor. I looked at the preferences and see that somehow it has a tick under "Integrate with Vista security". Ive unticked that and hopefully that will stop it ?

Comment

Hi Trev, well sadly it didnt work so I uninstalled firefox - which it somehow seemed attached to?? - and its now gone. Thanks for your help.

Spoke too soon, its back again .................:( I cant understand as its obviously in the boot somewhere but Im blowed if I can see it .
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 01-09-10, 18:26.

Comment

Heather you could try to uninstall it ,then when you reinstall it make sure you dont have anything ticked to start automatically

Comment

if you don't want SAS to run at startup, so that you then won't see SAS's GUI at startup, untick the box "start superantispyware when windows starts"..

on the other hand, if you are using SAS-PRO and you want SAS's "guard" to run in realtime, leave "start superantispyware when windows starts" checked and you also need to "check" the box for "show superantispyware icon in the system tray".. (you also need to have the box for "enable real-time protection" checked, if you want SAS to run in realtime, with realtime-protection)..

in other words, if you want to run SAS in realtime, with realtime-protection, you will have to have SAS's icon showing in the "system tray"..

as we see, when "show superantispyware icon in the system tray" is enabled, the GUI does not pop up when SAS is started.. when "show superantispyware icon in the system tray" is not enabled, SAS's GUI pops up, when SAS is started..

Comment

Val, Ive got it all unticked but the weird thing is I cant find it anywhere in programs or in start up so that I can uninstall it!

Comment

very odd Heather have you looked in your back up on your WD ??? maybe you can find it then you will know where it is ?? if you get what I mean ?

Comment

There is a link on this page
                  With viruses, worms, Trojans, and malware becoming more and more pervasive in every computer users life, it is important to have an arsenal of tools that can be used to scan your computer and remove any malware that has been found. An excellent tool to accomplish this is SUPERAntiSpyware. SUPERAntiSpyware is a malware removal tool that focuses on all types of infections. It is free and easy to use, and for those who want more advanced features such as real-time protection, there is a commercial professional version. Even more important, though, is the fact that it does an excellent job in removing malware. The guide below will walk you through installing, configuring, and scanning your computer with SUPERAntiSpyware.

Looks as if you may need to download the program installer, and select uninstall rather than install.
                  Elaine

Comment

Another link here
                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I shall have a peep at those (its understanding them thats the prob

Comment

Working...
                      X