Sending for a Will 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending for a Will 1891

Found a probate record on Ancestry for 1891 if I want the copy of the will do I send to York and is it stil £5 per copy ?
    Also Do I need to fill in the Probate Search Form and what would a copy of The Grant of Probate show that the will doesnt ? and is that extra ???
    Thanks

I sent for 2 last week. I downloaded the form from the website and sent a cheque off for £10 (2 x £5) to York. I just entered the info off the index on Ancestry.

Not heard anything yet but it will probably take a while as everyone will be sending for them.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Someone may correct me, but I don't think you have to fill in the search form because you're not asking them to do a search - you've already done that and got the details.

You can order copies at any district probate registry if you know the details - I would probably avoid York because they're going to be inundated. The addresses are here (scroll to the bottom of the page). The grant of probate comes with the will and doesn't cost any extra - it says pretty much what is in the records on Ancestry but hopefully the will itself will give you extra information

Jackie

Comment

thanks both of you so £5 covers both ??? will be sending it off tomorrow

Comment

The £5 fee covers a will with probate, just the will or an Administration.
          Jay

Comment

thanks again Jay

Comment

Working...
            X