GAZEY - date check, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAZEY - date check, please

Some time ago, in my search for a copy of some music my father had composed in 1940, I created a family tree for someone (Leonard Charles GAZEY b 1892) who had contributed to the process, and used it to track down his daughter - who sent me a copy of the music. I have now been able to get it recorded, and am wanting to include a potted history with the CDs which will be passed around interested parties (mainly family). Because it wasn't my own family, it didn't seem appropriate to retain copies of my research, but I don't have Leonard's DoD to include in the leaflet. His daughter couldn't remember the exact year, when I rang her just now.

I can see that the death entry is on the index on a large site for which I don't, currently, have a sub. I could drive up to our local library, or trawl FMP, for which I do have a sub, but I'd be grateful if someone could short-circuit the process for me!

TIA

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Is this him
    Leonard Charles Gazey
    Birth Date: 10 Mar 1892
    Death Registration Month/Year: Sep quarter1974
    Registration district: Coventry
    Inferred County: Warwickshire, West Midlands
    Volume: 33
    Page: 0131

Comment

Yes - it must be. His daughter did say his birthday was in March, and his death would have been at Foleshill - which comes up as Coventry. And there really aren't many GAZEYs, and "Leonard" narrows it down immediately. I'd almost got back to 1974 on FMP when I gave up!

Many thanks, Margaret. That's also saved me using up fuel for no really valid purpose.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

great! we'll save the earth together - I hate going anywhere in the car unless it's for half a dozen reasons. LOL
        Margaret

Comment

:D

Christine

Comment

Working...
          X