Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best free antivirus software

What the best around the moment?

I know that as it's free it'll be basic but my sister isn't in a postion to renew her McAfee at the mo, well it was due a while ago & I think this might be linked to the problems with her email sending out spam.

Thanks
    Jay

Hello JayG, I believe that ZONEALARM do a free edition of their antivirus program, just google "free download Zonealarm"

Comment

Avast is the one I use.
      Sue ;)

Comment

Thanks folks i'll check them out.
        Jay

Comment

On the techi board of Martin Lewis they say Avira is best freebie? AVG is very out of favour now.

If you have internet banking with Barclays you can get a free Kaspersky internet suite.

Comment

Thanks for both of those Heather.

My mum has & pays for Norton, she banks with Barclays so i'll tell her about Kaspersky & save her some money!
            Jay

Comment

The free Kaspersky from Barclays will probably be a 3 user licence.

If your mum doesn't have 3 computers, you will be able to use one of them on yours.
              Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thanks for the info Christine, deffo need to get mum to follow that up then.
                Jay

Comment

I use Avast which is free. It updates itself whenever. It has proved exceptional for me. If you access their website be sure to look for the free version. Good luck.
                  Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Thanks Linda
                    Jay

Comment

interesting thread, if I download Avast, do I have to delete AVG?

Joyce

Comment

I would deleted it Joy, i've read somewhere about it having a negative effect having 2 antivirus programs running along side each other.
                        Jay

Comment

It is definitely not a good idea to have two antivirus programs running at the same time. There is a big difference between "delete" and "uninstall". You do not delete a program you uninstall/remove it. To uninstall go to Control Panel and find the Add/Remove Programs list. Find the program you are looking for and remove or uninstall.

If you are going to get a new antivirus uninstall/remove the old antivirus program first. Otherwise you will get a conflict.
                          Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

I use AVG9 free version and have had no problems whatsoever (so far!).
                            Margaret

Comment

Working...
                            X