Ordering NI certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering NI certificates

I've traced my OH's Gfather/Gmother marriage in Belfast Q2 1918 on the FamilySearch site, so I went to order on line from GRO Belfast. However they state they need the church they were married in, I haven't a clue, I only know they were RC.
    On the print off I got from the Family Search site it has the following details, same for both parties

Name: John Dotter/Anna Gilmour (both deceased by the way)
    Reg District: Belfast
    Event type: Marriages
    Reg Q & Year: apr/jun 1918
    Film No: 101264
    Vol. No.: 1
    Page: 591
    Digital Folder No.: 4199366
    Image No.: 00050

Now the question is ? Are the Vol & Page No's refered to the same as the vol/numbers used in GRO at Southport and if so can you just quote them?

If not any clues how I can find out which church they were married in?

Thanks in advance for any clues/suggestions/assistance

L

I sent to N.I. for a marriage cert some years ago.I only knew the year and general location.There was no problem.
    Fran

Comment

I think that those LDS Irish databases are of civil registration info. I'd have thought that that should be adequate for ordering a cert from GRO-NI.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I have ordered certs form the NI GRO and only had the civil reg details I think they ask for lots of extra information that isn't really needed.
        The details you have should be enough - try ordering by phone, they are very helpful and no doubt would tell you if not having the church detail is a 'show stopper'.
        Margaret

Comment

I just had a look on Emerladancestors for you and if you pay for the cert on their website you can get it today and everytime they have given me my certs they have also checked the registerrs there and then and also given me the mothers names aswell as where they were from.
          The marriage is defo on there as well as I have just checked.
          Not sure how much though as I have not used it in a while.

Danny
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Just had another look, all the info I have given you is correct except I think it may well be a few days until they send it you via email (but still quicker than ordering it)

Danny
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Working...
            X