Family Tree 2010 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree 2010 problem

Suddenly I am receiving a message "Famjly Tree Maker 2010 has encountered a problem and must close",I have tried many times to overcome this but without success.Will I need to re-install the programme If so would all the existing information be lost? can any one help please.
    WillG

If you reinstall the program you will not lose your data files, as only the program is overwritten and not the files that you have saved.
    When you reinstall, you will need to 'open an existing file' and navigate to the location of where you have saved your family tree file.
    One problem that could arise, is if you saved the media files (census images etc) in alocation different to the default place of inside the Family Tree Maker folder on your computer, as it could lose the connection between the images and the data file.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Many thanks for your helpful advice, I have re-installed the programme and I can access my information. However I am having a problem in trying to re-register, I am given the message "Unknown Error" return to home page, which tells me to register,I will persevere.
      Thank you again.
      WillG

Comment

I'm running FTM 2008. I get that error message quite frequently. I have the option to "report it" or not. I just let the program close. Nothing ever seems to be lost. Some days I feel that it is some nasty spirit above telling me to go to bed. Other times I thumb my nose at it and reopen. Had OH look at it but he could not get a quick answer so I live with it.
        Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Hi Willg
          Im new to this forum but you could try the following link

hope its of use to you
          Keith

Comment

Working...
          X