trojan identified and deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trojan identified and deleted

Every time I turn on the main computer I get a message saying Mcaffee has identified and deleted a trojan. Should I be worried about this and if it's deleted it why does it keep telling me??! We have the Mcaffee protection which we pay for not the free one.

Any advice welcome

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

I think I'd be worried if it came up every time. Does it say which trojan it is and which file it's in? I don't use McAfee, but I imagine it has some kind of log.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Some virus's will have a 'backdoor' method to reinfect your system, which is via an Internet reload or a 'backup' version of itself.
      Mcafee will still find and kill it, but if you want further advice, you need to let us know the name of the trojon that Mcafee finds.

If it is adware/spyware, mcafee may not fully remove the loading file, so I would advise that you download and run superantispyware, as this will do that job.

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thankyou Lorry tried to read what it was called but it disappears before I can! All I got was js/redirector then I think a s but then it disappeared.

So do I try running superantispyware Trevor even though I don't know if it's adware/spyware ?

Liz

Comment

If it started with a JS it means it is a JavaScript virus.
          The most common way that you get infected with those is when you visit a website that has them embedded in them as part of the page code.

If you keep getting a repeated infection, I suggest that you keep a note of what pages you visit to see if you can see what page is doing this.

Mcafee may be identifying the virus when you get infected from that page

Even so, still scan with SuperAntispyware.

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks Trev

I've run that now and it identified 2 trojans ! which hopefully are now completely deleted. I presume they are something that can get past even our quite expensive Mcaffee security scan plus? I'll keep my fingers crossed for when I next turn on the main computer!

I've now got the little yellow bug symbol in the bottom right of the screen,presumably the downloaded superantispyware?

Thanks again
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X