Who is Elizabeth Toe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Elizabeth Toe?

This has puzzled me for ages now and I can't get to the bottom of it!! In the 1881 census below is John Meagher (Meager) b1816 Croydon, Surrey with his second wife Elizabeth (nee Dove formaly Goddard). Two of her children are with her plus a couple of lodgers and also there is Elizabeth Toe described as grandaughter b1876 place NK?? Any ideas? She can't be the grandaught of the lodgers as they don't seem old enough (even by todays standards!!!)

I think I just solved my own mystery - I just found a daughter of Elizabeth's that I didn't know existed her name was Alice Goddard. I also found in the 1891 census Lizzy Toe living with her parents Alice and William Toe! In 1881 they had 6 month old twins so maybe they sent Elizabeth Toe off to her grandmother as I'm sure it would have been difficult looking after twins?? I just need to find the Goddard/Toe marriage?

Comment

oh dear Deb what name Lizzie Toe... *shakes head*
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

lol Julie - I'd have to change my name, I hate feet and anything to do with them!!!! I wonder if her dad was a crimi-nail!!!! Sorry

Comment

But
          a possible marriage Dec 1879 Croydon 2a 398
          Alice Boyd + William Toe

Alternatively,
          Dec 1876 Croydon 2a 390
          Alice Mary Goddard + Alfred Towe
          (Simeon Purkiss m Alice Jane Feist)
          Isn't it Alfred Toe on 1891 with Alice, children Lizzie and Alfred? The twins Emily + John are with another, widowed Alice in 91 - the two families are just three census pages apart in Lambeth

Comment

oopps!!! As I was looking for them I stumbled across something else (see my other thread!) In my excitement I've obviously got confused!!! Thanks JonnyB!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deb N View Post
              lol Julie - I'd have to change my name, I hate feet and anything to do with them!!!! I wonder if her dad was a crimi-nail!!!! Sorry
              *groans* keep taking them pills there Debs...... :p
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
              X