Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FMP - did I dream they had a freebie offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP - did I dream they had a freebie offer?

Cousin has asked me if I have the Thames Side and Medway Parishes cds by Rob Cotterell, which I dont but he says that FMP have added them recently. (JUST found it, 14 days free but you have to give your card details, hmm, not keen on that)

If not, has anyone got those Cotterell cds please as we would like to just check out this possible baptism for our GGMx4?

Sarah Badcock 1747
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 29-08-10, 12:53.

Hi Heather
    Just looked on ParishRegister.com. There was a Sarah Badcock baptised at Christchurch Spitalfields between 1729 to 1763. It will cost £3-50 to get the details if you don't have any luck with the CD.
    Moggie

Comment

Thanks very much maud. I think Ive had that one before though and it wasnt her.

The thing is they change to Babcock at points so they arent easy to track down. Id have thought cousin and Thames side cds would be more south of the river, Deptford, Greenwich, Rotherhithe - where she is more likely to have been born as she marries in Deptford. Its annoying as FMP has deleted the credits I had on there - but I think I may have to bite the bullet and either sign up for the freebie or pay out just for a minimum number of credits. Thanks for kind suggestion though.

Comment

Same church just putting in Badcock. Anne (1744 on FMP), Margaret (1745 on FMP) & Sara,1747.
        Moggie

Comment

From Ancestry London Baptism, Marriages and Burials 1538-1812

1st July 1847 Sarah daughter of John and Anne Badcock - 40 days old
          Christchurch Spitalfields
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks guys, if you think this is the same as the FMP one then it has saved me rechecking on their site. Cousin reckoned they had just added the south of river baptisms on there. We know Sarahs dad is a James.

Oh many thanks for that Elaine.

Unfortunately I reckon its another dead end for the time being. The Baizley crew are driving me bananas aswell at the moment.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 29-08-10, 15:23.

Comment

Although I wonder if we should dismiss that one (its SO long since I looked at any of these) because when Sarah was buried - strangely enough she was buried as Ann (wife of John Acton, waterman ...........). I wonder if she was using a second name - that of her mother? But then we have James with a daughter Sarah :( Hmm, better keep an open mind on this lot. Its about 3 years or more since we tackled them and things can fit together differently after time has passed and ideas change.
              #

Very grateful to both of you - sometimes just using a sounding board makes me realise I have set my mind and it may have been set wrongly

Comment

Working...
              X