William George Treadwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William George Treadwell

William Treadwell, born in Yorkshire in 1847, married to Annie. I have him on all censuses upto 1891 where he is with his family in Margate working as a mining engineer (Mines in Kent?). I lose track of the entire family after this, can anyone find any of them?

This is them in 1891 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...=&pid=17237264

William Treadwell 43 Yorkshire
    Annie 43 Derbyshire
    Harriet Hilda 19 Derbyshire
    Evelyn Mary 16 Derbyshire
    Charles 3 Yorkshire

This is the ref for 1891 - Class: RG12; Piece: 726; Folio 39; Page 43;

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Lots of coal mining in Kent around 1890 http://www.dover.gov.uk/kentcoal/intro.asp

Comment

Thanks Oldman - I never knew of that! That explains why he was there, but now to find where he went.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

Hi Linda
        If you look on FMP passenger lists in 1892 4 Treadwells were leaving from London & going to South Africa/Durban (Port Natal) although I don't know if they were all on the same ship.
        Female Treadwell born c1850 ??mother
        Male " born c1877 ??
        H.H " born s1872 ?? Harriet Hilda
        E.E " born c 1874 ?? Evelyn

I don't know what other info you would get if you looked at the image to prove or disprove whether they were your family.

Moggie

Comment

Thanks Moggy - will keep that on my list to check next time I get FMP access. It certainly looks as though they may have emigrated somewhere as I can't see any other reason why they would all vanish like that.

Linda
          Linda

Comment

I can add for you after looking at that image that the mother and three young adults were on the same ship and the occpation of mother was shown as Lady as were all the adult females. Mother was shown to be still married.
            WendyP

Comment

Thanks Wendy - that doesn't rule them out altogether as I assume it wasn't Lady as in a title. The age of the son is a bit out, so will see if I can do some more digging.

Thanks for all of your help.

Linda
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X