Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find my GGrandmother please

Hiya,

I don't have much info on my GGrandmother, all i have is her name is Julia Henry born c 1861 - i don't know where she was born. Julia married my GGrandfather Augustine Ansboro in India 20/05/1877 aged 16 yrs old. Her fathers name was William.
    I have never found her death either, although Augustine married Minna Collins in 1895 India.

I have looked at the familysearch site but had no luck for either India or Ireland.
    Jacky

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

dont know if you have seen this lot on Familysearch ?

Comment

Yes, i have them thanks Val......i hadn't seen the Martin Augustine Ansbro one though.....my Augustine was the only Ansboro b in Tipperary and i reckon the family lived elsewhere, someone had suggested Sligo !! and Augustine's father was Martin.........this chap MUST fit in with mine somehow i think...
      Thanks Val !
      Jacky

Comment

cannot find her death though

Comment

I only know her age and date of marriage because a very kind researcher looked it up for me in the British Library...just can't find anything else on her............
          Jacky

Comment

I did notice sometimes the surname is spelt Asborough ???? maybe try that?

Comment

Val, i have tried all the different ways of spelling...Ansborough/Ansbro/Hansboro/Hansborough....also Ainsborough with no luck...never thought of the way you have suggested.....i'll have a go.

Thanks Val !

PS, I noticed Augustine's death is spelt...Ausboro...Lol
              Jacky

Comment

I will have another look later

Comment

Thanks Val...
                  Jacky

Comment

I just put Julia Henry, Father William Henry christening 1863 plus or minus 5 years no country in the search on familysearch and lots came up ?????????????going to be hard pinning hers down
                    Do you know her fathers occupation ?

Comment

No Val but, i think he could have been in one of the forces... possibly the army
                      Jacky

Comment

aha so he may have served in Bombay ????

Comment

Tilly just going to dish up Dinner but I have something for you back soon

Comment

Thanks Val - much appreciated !!
                            Jacky

Comment

Working...
                            X