Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kreutzer

Hi all,

Im new to site and was wondering if someone could help. Im tracing my family tree and need some advice.

Ive traced my fathers line to his grandfather. My great grandfather was Edward Kreutzer (1880-1932) he married Elizebeth Stackhouse in Hulme Manchester 1904.
    He is Buried in Manchester Southern Cemetry with Elizebeth and daughter Hedwig. His other daughter Elsa louise was my fathers mother.
    Edwards father was also called Edward (info of Edwards marrige cert) as they are of german extraction Im stuck in Getting info on Edwards parents.

Any help or any advice would be greatly received

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi binnsy,
    Welcome to FTF. Getting information on people from Germany can be difficult unless you know where they were born. Do you have any idea of location?
    Margaret

Comment

Just looking on ancestry and there's Edward Kreutzer age 47 arriving in Southampton from Buenos Aires in 1927 and his occupation is Caterer, place of birth German Empire. Is this your man?
      Margaret
      Last edited by margaretmarch; 29-08-10, 09:43.

Comment

Also found this birth on ancestry
        Anna Dorothea E Kreutzer Year of Registration: 1881
        Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Liverpool (1837-1934) County: Lancashire
        Volume: 8b Page: 115
        Margaret

Comment

Have a look at this page http://www.familytreeforum.com/content.php/452-Germany of FTF , it has links to various sites that might be of use to you.

There are several others with the name Kreutzer on the censuses so a search on ancestry might help and it probably is an idea to record all the ones you find as they may be related and if you trace them through you might get some information.
          Margaret

Comment

I see you have a tree on ancestry and that your Edward was born in Baden, Germany, maybe someone on here will know an exact site to search for records for this town.
            Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for quick reply. Yes I used to be with Ancestry let my membership slip. Im under impression my Greatgrandfather was from Weissbaden I think.
              Im in contact with a relative of his wife and she has info on a shipping record for him and Daughter hedwig dont nknow full details yet. Im sure he had something to do with the Squirrel resturant in Manchester?

Comment

Looking at free 1911 indexes on Findmypast and GR it looks like Edward, aged 32 was in Barton upon Irwell, Lancashire in 1911 with Elizabeth Hedwig and Elsa and gave his birth place as Weis Baden Germany.
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  Just looking on ancestry and there's Edward Kreutzer age 47 arriving in Southampton from Buenos Aires in 1927 and his occupation is Caterer, place of birth German Empire. Is this your man?
                  Margaret
                  A list of Alien departures on another website has the departure of Edward from Southampton on 6 Sept 1927 on the ship Almanzora, to Buenos Aries. Address 55 Burlington Street Manchester, aged 45, caterer. Citizen of Germany but country of last permanent residence and country of intended future residence both listed as England.
                  Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Judith,

Thanks for info, it may well be my man the address is correct. Ive have a contact with a distant relative of Edwards wifes sister. And says she has info on a ship Ive only just found that out so your info is fantastic.

Thanks
                    Paul

Comment

The address for my post #3 was Burlington Street so that will be him too.
                      Margaret

Comment

Is that intended to be Wiesbaden? (a bit north of Mainz, and to the west of Frankfurt).

Although there seem to have been a few places actually called "Weis".

Christine

Just had a look - it should be Wiesbaden.
                        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 29-08-10, 14:46.
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The London Gazette has the official notice in Gazette Issue 34049 published on the 11 May 1934. Page 42 of 88 in connection with Edward's estate in :

including:
                          Edward Kreutzer late of 50, Delacourt
                          Road, Fallowfield, in the city of Manchester, deceased
                          (who died on the 18th day of October,
                          1932, and to whose estate letters of administration
                          were granted to Elizabeth Ann Kreutzer on the
                          4th day of May, 1934, by the District Probate
                          Registry at Manchester),
                          It doesn't get you further back, but it does have potential to add more to your information about him and his family.

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I gather that this thread is in parallel with your GR investigations?

You'll need to make sure that both threads are kept informed, so that people don't waste time and effort (and, maybe, money) duplicating the same searches.

Christine

Comment

Thanks Christine,

Yes same as GR. Bot no further info other than what I already have. The info here is stuff i never knew. Its knowing where to look as new to this, as I say dont wont to cause probs Im just trying all angles for assistance,.

I apologise if its causing a problem. On GR I am in contact with a relative of Edwards wife sister so have her info mainly.
                              Thanks for advice.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by binnsy806 View Post
                                Thanks Christine,

Yes same as GR. Bot no further info other than what I already have. The info here is stuff i never knew. Its knowing where to look as new to this, as I say dont wont to cause probs Im just trying all angles for assistance,.

I apologise if its causing a problem. On GR I am in contact with a relative of Edwards wife sister so have her info mainly.
                                Thanks for advice.

Paul
                                It's probably enough just to mention here that you do have a thread on GR - and maybe to mention on GR that you have a thread here - along with making sure that both threads know what's already been/being done. Some people get very huffy if you post the same query on different boards, but I don't think it's unreasonable to try to recruit more people to your cause - just so long as (as I commented above) effort and costs don't get duplicated. Even then, in the matter of effort, different people have different skills, and two different people searching on the same database may have different approaches: one may find what the other does not.

You'll find that people on this board are usually very willing to help by suggesting other angles. Certainly, it's worth having a look in the German section of the Wiki to see what information and links are available.

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                                  It's probably enough just to mention here that you do have a thread on GR - and maybe to mention on GR that you have a thread here - along with making sure that both threads know what's already been/being done. Some people get very huffy if you post the same query on different boards, but I don't think it's unreasonable to try to recruit more people to your cause - just so long as (as I commented above) effort and costs don't get duplicated. Even then, in the matter of effort, different people have different skills, and two different people searching on the same database may have different approaches: one may find what the other does not.

You'll find that people on this board are usually very willing to help by suggesting other angles. Certainly, it's worth having a look in the German section of the Wiki to see what information and links are available.

Christine
                                  HI Christine, will inform both forums! sorry if offended anybody, Thanks for info looking at moment into the ship ALMANZORA. THROWS up why he went to Argentina in 1926?
                                  Thanks for assistance. Using GR no kreutzer found so used this site for assistance as just found it.

Paul

Comment

No ones offended its just that we like to be efficient! LOL
                                    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by binnsy806 View Post
                                      < snip > looking at moment into the ship ALMANZORA. THROWS up why he went to Argentina in 1926?
                                      < snip >.

Paul
                                      Hi, Paul

There are quite a lot of hits on Google for "ss almanzora" (including the inverted commas, to force it to be treated as a single term).

Christine

Comment

Hi Margaret and Christine,

Thanks for the messages. Info on Almanzora troopship ww1 then Royal mail steam packet company 1920. Sailed the route to riverplate. Argentina. Why Edward is going there? Its abit of a mystery. WW2 TROOPSHIP THEN SCRAPPED 1947. tHANKS FOR DIRECTION.
                                        On Edwards marriage cert it has address as 63 egerton St. You couldnt advise where he was living after 1904! Differernt address booked for ship list.
                                        Ignore if already answered in this thread. Having a head mash moment.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                        X