Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed Please

Long story so please be patient.

John Brammer my 3 x G Grandfather was married twice, firstly to Mary Britton, then Mary Chamberlain (nee Coxon). It is the first family I have got into difficulty with.

Mary Brammer nee Britton died in 1838 in childbirth aged 37. The only birth I could find was a baptism 1803 parents Moses Britton and Martha Brown

Just sent for Moses' death cert and the informant is Mary Taylor and the same address as Moses. Further investigation had revealed that Cornelius Taylor married Mary Britton in 1825. So Moses and Marthas child Mary isn't mine.

Can anyone work out who my Mary Britton is?

I will start a new message with a bit more info.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

A bit more info for you.

I have a 'recognition of Bastardy' for John Brammer and Mary Britton but it was discharged as they got married.

Also in 1818 Charlotte Britton was born to Mary Britton living at Poplar St Nottingham. I thought this was mine now I don't know.

Sorry forgot to say this is all Nottingham and mostly St Marys Church.
    Last edited by Lin Fisher; 28-08-10, 17:14.
    Lin

Comment

There's this one from Family Search Record Search. But my Notts geography is zero so I'm not sure how likely it is....

Name: Mary Brittan
      Baptism/Christening Date: 04 Dec 1803
      Baptism/Christening Place: KIRKBY IN ASHFIELD,NOTTINGHAM,ENGLAND
      Father's Name: John Brittan
      Mother's Name: Hannah
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C05936-2
      System Origin: England-ODM
      Source Film Number: 503502
      Reference Number:
      Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
      Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue.

I have just had a look at that one and the one at Papplewick as neither are that far away.

John and Mary called the first born John and both the fathers of the Mary Brittons are John. None of the other siblings are followed through the family though.

I think I have just had a bit of a blow as I wasn't going to send for this death cert as it wouldn't tell me anything!!. Might have been better in ingorant bliss.
        Lin

Comment

Working...
        X