Marriages in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriages in Australia

Max and Doris Dubin passed away 1972 and 1968 respectively and are buried in
    Adelaide. They had two daughters..they might be living so I can't name them.
    One may have lived in Adelaide and the other in Melbourne.
    Is it poss to find their married names?

PS - I figure the daughters were prob born in the late 1930's-mid 1940's...
    I have their names.
    Last edited by naomiatt; 28-08-10, 01:41.

Comment

Have you tried looking for a family notice on Trove....if one of the daughters got married young there maybe something there.....it goes up to 1954 I think.

Opps maybe not....I thought you said early 30's and 40's.

Comment

Hi, thanks Flashie - yes, I looked in Trove, but it's a bit early for marriages for the daughters.
        Does anybody reading this have full access to a major site that covers Australia if I pm the daughters names?

Comment

You can send them to me, and I'll have a look in the morning.

Comment

Thanks - have sent you a pm.

Comment

If Mary can't find them, they are probably not findable....lol......but I had a thought..

Can you go back a generation ot two and see if anyone on Ancestry or GR is searching the same names???

Comment

Hi - thanks Harry's mum - yes, I'm looking at older ones as well..

Comment

Just curious Naomi. Do you know what was Max's Occupation?
                  WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy P...I found one who was a photographer in the UK and the birth year matches the one in Adelaide, also some info in the Aus Archives with restrictions to it though...and Reverend has also been mentioned..

Comment

Thats why I was asking cos I found some info on an outgoing passenger list for 1951 and this Mr M dubin was a Photographer I can email the page to you it you want to take a look.
                      WendyP

Comment

That would be great..thanks Wendy P..was he by himself?

Comment

No he wasnt, there was a Mrs female aged 31 and a female young person aged 2.
                          WendyP

Comment

Hi - thanks for sending that through WendyP - has to be them - the age for the wife matches up (1920-1968) and the husband (1898-1972) - one daughter initial matches up, so presume the other daughter was born in Adelaide after 22nd March, 1951.

Comment

I've just been trying to do a search on the address that they left from but cant see anything...yet!

I wondered if maybe they may have been visiting family over here in the UK.
                              WendyP

Comment

Hi WendyP - that same address is in the London Gazette for the naturalisation of Max..21st February, 1921. The HO files is closed so needs a FOI ask. From what I've seen, it comes under North Kensington...
                                Yes..maybe you're right and it was a hol.. and they originally left prior to 1951...I did find another Max in Aus..nominee for someone, and that was in 1939..

Comment

strange cos I just seen one for in the same newspaper of April 1951 but covering Max Dubin Austria Photographer 21st February 1951 ...
                                  WendyP

Comment

oops..my typo error..sorry...

Comment

lol...
                                      WendyP

Comment

Naomi

I've sent an email to the new addy you gave me this morning..
                                        WendyP

Comment

Working...
                                        X