Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help tracing Higgins Family from Leigh, Lancashire

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and would really appreciate if anyone could help me with a frustrating block I have with my partners family. I have managed to locate quite a lot on his mothers side but am at a total loss on his fathers side. His father was born Martin Higgins in Atherton, Lancashire in Feb 1925. His mother is called Mary Higgins but there is no father. Martin has sadly passed away and as he left the family home while my partner was very young they didnt have a relationship. Since his death we are aware that he had three sisters one of whom was called Margaret but I am unsure if Mary Higgins was unmarried when she had Martin and that his sisters were as the result of a marriage and therefore had different surnames from him. I know that Mary had an address of 50 Cowper Street in Leigh in 1925 but he was born at 702 Leigh Road in Atherton. If anyone can shed any light on this side of the family or have any suggestions to help me it would be really helpful.

Thank you

Lingling

Hi
    There is a marriage to a James Robinson 1927 Leigh and a possible living person born 1927 Leigh MMN Higgins no idea if they could be yours and 2 later births one Wigan one Leigh of Girls MMN Higgins.
    Its either a Registry office wedding or an RC wedding.
    Megan
    Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 27-08-10, 23:40. Reason: Possible living person quoted

Comment

Thank you Megan,

I have come up with the same name but couldnt seem to locate three girls only Margaret. There also seem to be some boys but thats not to say that there were no brothers. The only reason we know about the sisters were from pictures we managed to get that were signed from your loving sisters and one of one sister which she signed Margaret. May be worth getting her birth certificate.

Thank you for taking the time to help

Lingling

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Lingling

Just a reminder that living/possible living persons (born after 1915 with no note of death) should not be named on the forum. However members are free to quote these names via the site's private message system.

I have therefore removed the lady's name who was born in 1927 from Megan's post.

Good luck with your search

Comment

Working...
        X