a MEACHAM mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a MEACHAM mystery

I have their marriage q3 1903 Kings Norton.

So I look for a child born between 1903 and 1911 in Kings Norton or Birmingham.
    I find an obvious candidate in Cyril Artes Meacham born q3 Kings Norton.

Now Frank Artess Meacham is born Q1 1904 Kings Norton and on his death his date of birth is given as 23 Jan 1904

I cant find a death for Cyril or an entry for him in the 1911 census.

Any ideas ,I'm confused.

could be that Cyril's birth was registered in the mother's surname and re-registed after the marriage.
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Something wrong here
    need minimum 9 months between births

Q3 1903 to Q1 1904 not enough time so different families
    OR
    Cyril was re-registered in Q3 1903 when marriage took place but could have been any age.
    Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

This might be Cyril's death:

Deaths Sep 1924
      Meacheam Cyril A 23 Kings N. 6d 43

although the age doesn't fit exactly with the birth:

Births Sep 1903
      Meacham Cyril Artes Birmingham 6d 193

Originally posted by Mike Fisher View Post
      could be that Cyril's birth was registered in the mother's surname and re-registed after the marriage.

The original entry should still be there, in that case, with a footnote referring to the re-registration date, but I can't see a likely birth for a Cyril Ingram.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
        This might be Cyril's death:

Deaths Sep 1924
        Meacheam Cyril A 23 Kings N. 6d 43
        Forget that, sorry, I've just found Cyril Mecheam aged 10 in 1911, and his middle name was Alfred.

Comment

In the 1911 census I have my relatives Frank Artess Meacham living with his wife Elizabeth Esther(or Esther Elizabeth) and son Frank Artess Meacham age 7.It says married 7.5 years 2 children 1 living 1 dead.
          (this was in the original post and I did not delete it)

As regard private message on the 1911 census . If two people both have subscriptions and one has a problem arising from the information given in a census image are we not allowed to discuss it openly on the forum. I am am giving information on my family research and asking advice about it . It is for my own personal research as stated in the terms and conditions.
          Last edited by Mike Fisher; 27-08-10, 22:41.
          Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

.... (this was in the original post and I did not delete it)
            Mike, as far as I can see no one has edited your first post. If one of the moderators had amended it for any reason then you would see "last edited by ......" at the bottom of the post, similar to the postnote on your post #5.

As regard private message on the 1911 census . If two people both have subscriptions and one has a problem arising from the information given in a census image are we not allowed to discuss it openly on the forum. I am am giving information on my family research and asking advice about it . It is for my own personal research as stated in the terms and conditions.
            Re the 1911 census. There is no problem discussing openly on the forum any findings or queries you have with the 1911 census.

The only thing that we remind members is that the Ts and Cs of the FMP subscription (where most people probably access the 1911 census) states that it should be for your own personal use. People should therefore be aware that blatant lookups for others might be a violation of their subscription with FMP. However, in a case where you have a subscription and I have a subscription then I can see no problem in me offering advice.

Hope that helps.

Elaine
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, I wonder what happened to the begining of my posting I typed it in and the rest of the posting doesn't make sense without it.

Sorry about the outburst.

Mike
              Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on

Comment

Working...
              X