thomas conway morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas conway morton

hello all, i'd like some help with thomas conway morton. he was born in 1894, lambeth, son of thomas henry morton (1869-1954), a grocer, and florence conway (1870-1970).
    i have him in the 1901 and 1911 censuses at home in leeds. in 1911, his maternal grandmother sarah conway nee ingle (1838-1912) is with them. it is here i lose track of him. thomas' younger brother john henry (1896-1975) is my great grandfather, and of all of their siblings, thomas is the murky one.

my grandfather told me thomas married amy, died in 1960, and had elizabeth or betty, kenneth, thomas, sylvia and dennis. gran also said in a dissaproving manner thomas and amy were "hull people" and scrunched up her face when she said this! i cant find a marriage for thomas to an amy, the closest i can get is to an alice m dobbing in 1922, north bierley. the district i expect him to marry in would be north bierley. but the only morton children with dobbing as mothers name are born in sunderland in 1923 and 25, ronald and edgar. i have found a tom c. morton death, but its in askrigg in the 1950's. can anyone help?

absolutely no ideas at all?

Comment

do you know if did any military service?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Do you know if any of his siblings are still alive? I see that there is a tree on Ancestry.. ah I see that C*** has living children, have you made contact with this lady that has the tree Kyle ?

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi julie, no, his siblings are all dead, the last died in 1996, his sister, she was 90.
          i havnt made contact on ancestry, i thought the only public tree was morton family tree?
          im not sure if he did military service, my great grandfather did, so i half expect thomas to have done too.
          my gran really is the only one i can ask, she is pop's wife though, pop was thomas' nephew, but he died a few year ago. pop's sister is still around in her 80's, but isnt doing well, so i cant ask her if she knows anything.

Comment

im sure ive got it! i ordered the only death that could have been him! thomas conway morton d.17 feb 1956, shipley. informant betty L. morton, daughter. so i looked up betty L's the only one in yorkshire was sculcoates with mothers name cawkwell. well there appears to be 10 children from 1915-1941. then i found the marriage: thomas c. moreton to amy e. cawkwell, 1915 north bierley!

Comment

HI

this Amy Elsie Cawkwell was born in Hull 1895 and was working as a Servant in the very last newest census.
              WendyP

Comment

wow, thankyou wendy. i was looking into the family then the computer crashed! so she isnt much younger than thomas, now i can look for a death.

Comment

Working...
                X