X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All out of ideas ~ help!

:(
    William Ward, son of Thomas Ward & Alice Ward (nee Smith) of Birmingham

The birth certificate for William Ward shows him to be the son of Thomas Ward & Alice Ward (nee Smith) born 4th December 1894 ~ the family lived at 14 Liverpool Street, Deritend in the Aston parish of Birmingham.
    I have found his baptism record ~ William was baptised at St Basil's Church on 15th April 1896 but this entry shows his birth date incorrectly as 23rd November 1894.
    William had siblings names Selina, Albert, John, Lily, Thomas & Nellie ~ John & Thomas both died in infancy, the others all grew up & remained settled in Birmingham.
    He was a brass bedstead worker (as were many other of the Ward family) until he enlisted with the Royal Welsh Fusiliers & served in WWI at the Somme where he was gassed rendering him unfit for further service & was discharged from the army on 2/8/1917. The home address quoted on his war records at the time of his discharge was 64 Herbert Road, Small Heath which was the home of his father Thomas Ward.
    I have been unable to discover any further information about William & would dearly like to know his story following leaving the army. I tried checking the electoral registers to give me an idea of when he lived with his father after leaving the army ~ I thought that a disappearance might indicate the period of a possible marriage or death but I could not find him listed at the address in Herbert Road.
    There are numerous entries as it is a common name in both the marriage & death registers so I have no idea which entries if any relate to my William.
    If anyone can think of another line of research which I haven't thought of I would be very grateful for any help & advice please as I just keep running into the same brick wall!
    If anyone has William in their tree or knows of his demise I would be most grateful if you would contact me please to point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
    Brock

An idea is to talk to the grandchildren of the siblings of William, Selina,Albert Nellie and Lilly.

Comment

Have you checked sites such as Genes Reunited, Ancestry and Tribal Pages to see if anyone is researching the same family?
      Elaine

Comment

i would stick to deaths in the birmingham area first, you may have more luck, and find a possible death you can check out. does your family have any recollection of william?

Comment

Originally posted by salty View Post
          An idea is to talk to the grandchildren of the siblings of William, Selina,Albert Nellie and Lilly.
          Sadly, there are no family members still alive who knew William or what became of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Have you checked sites such as Genes Reunited, Ancestry and Tribal Pages to see if anyone is researching the same family?
            I have checked Ancestry & Genes Reunited but hadn't thought to check tribal pages ~ I'll get on to that straight away.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
              i would stick to deaths in the birmingham area first, you may have more luck, and find a possible death you can check out. does your family have any recollection of william?
              Yes, although I have no proof to say that he did in fact remain in Birmingham I think that you are right & need to concentrate on the Birmingham entries first ~ sadly, there are lots of them!
              Unfortunately there are no family members still alive who knew William or knew of anything about him.

Comment

Working...
              X