This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start up

I'm trying to speed up start up as it takes sooooooo long. Am i right in thinking that if I disable certain things it won't actually remove them from the computer ? On looking there are several things I don't recognise -
    CommonSDR (sonic solutions) which I think might be something to do with Blackberry software.
    Desktop tool (Research in motion)
    Software manager (Macrovision)
    OPSE reminder ?
    Lesley passed away in November 2017.

your right in thinking it only disables them but not sure what those are I would google and see first.

Comment

Not sure what operating system you are using, but I downloaded a free program the other day called Start up Inspector.
      Basically it checks what programs run on start up and advises you whether they are very important, not so important, not needed, unknown etc.
      Worked a treat on my XP machine, which now boots up much quicker than before, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with Vista.
      Elaine

Comment

I put soluto program on. It analyses your start up stuff and then categorises it into basically dont touch these, these can be paused and these definitely should be paused. You just click on a button and then the ones you pause or delay dont start until after the puter is up and running. Its a free program at the moment as its in beta.

Comment

Working...
        X