Incorrect Birth Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Birth Certificate

We have recently been blessed with another Grandaughter, after registering her birth my son got home and realised the Birth Certificate had been made out as MALE. He returned to the Registry Office and great consternation prevailed. I presume the original record will be deleted and and a correct Certificate issued. Has anyone had experience of this happening in the past and what would be the correct procedure to follow for it to be corrected?
    Needless to say I have retained scans of the original certificates for the Family Tree. They will no doubt be a conversation piece in years to come.

Regards Sailor

I think they just alter the original entry in the register and give the alteration a number which then goes in the amendment register under that number with an explanation as to why it was altered. This I presume is to enable anyone concerned to check that an alteration is official. I expect they will issue a fresh certificate especially given the type of error it was eg not a name spelling or something simple like that.
    Margaret

Comment

Once an entry is made in the register and the informant has left the office, it can never be deleted, but only amended as necessary.

OC

Comment

Thanks for the answers, very interesting. Will post the result when available.

Regards Sailor

Comment

Working...
        X