FTM 2010 - downloading ancestry tree help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 - downloading ancestry tree help please

Ive finally got round to putting my FTM2010 on (but not activating the 6 months world sub yet ) - I think the WDYTYA tonight inspired me again - I appear to be a very very distant cousin to the chap on there tonight

I have tried to download all my stuff from the ancestry tree but it is hanging at 0% for ages now. Anyone had this problem? Or do I just sit and wait and it finally imports?

Oh, at last its done it. Now Im confused over what to change, merge or discard
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 23-08-10, 22:46.

did you manage to get all your photos Heather ?

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
      Now Im confused over what to change, merge or discard
      Why do you want to change, merge or discard anything?
      Does the format of the import look OK to you - and if not what problems do you have?
      Elaine

Comment

Yes Val, all the photos seem to have come through ok.

Elaine, it gives a list of 360 or something where its asking me whether I want to keep the original FTM2006 details (Ive imported that to the 2010) or use the ancestry tree. Ive clicked on the ancestry tree now - to choose them en masse, as thats the one Ive been keeping up to date and adding to. Fingers crossed its all ok.

Comment

There are still things I dont understand yet though, I have a list of "tasks" where it says their are errors -Ill look at that later.

The other thing is, with my package came a couple of other DVDs. One is the FTM 2010 Create your own website and also Essential back up and protect. Is it worth putting either of these on?

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post

The other thing is, with my package came a couple of other DVDs. One is the FTM 2010 Create your own website and also Essential back up and protect. Is it worth putting either of these on?
            The Create your own Website is not like the FTM2006 home page that you/we have created in that the hosting of your site will not be free. If you are happy with sharing your info via the 2006 home page as well as places like Ancestry or Tribal Pages, then I would stick with that.
            Re the Essential back up disc - personally I find it just as easy to back up to my external hard drive along with other documents/pictures etc.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks elaine, I assumed they were something that would be paid for at some point

Comment

Working...
              X