Gertrude S Astley Witness on rellies marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gertrude S Astley Witness on rellies marriage

Now I am sure I have heard this name somewhere ?? have been googling but not had any real luck a rellie married her Butler and I have just realised Gertrude was a witness at their Wedding in 1879 .
    At the time Gertrude lived at 33 Princes Gardens Westminster ,where my Butler is in 1881.
    Any ideas thanks

Looking back on the censuses Gertrude was the daughter of Richard D Astley who was a captain in the 49th District Foot Regiment. Perhaps you could find something out about him.
    Margaret

Comment

There is a marriage on the LMA records of Gertrude Sarah Astley and Richard Frederick Church. It was in 1902 and she was a spinster aged 46, father Richard Dunkenfield Astley, Major 49 Regt. deceased

Jackie

Comment

thanks Margaret and Jackie I was sure it was something to do with the Peerage ?? she got married late in life ? got to pop out shall investigate when I get back.

Comment

Scroll down to 1880 on this site - there is a Gertrude Susan Astley marrying Sir Arthur Nicholson. I just googled "Gertrude Astley peerage" and it was the third or fourth site. But Dunkinfield is near Manchester, doesn't seem to match with your info. From there there are a few bits on google about Sir Arthur and it appears he had estates in Scotland too. Cross checking on freebmd gives a marriage for Gertrude and Arthur in Kensington in 1883?

Kate x
          Last edited by Kate P; 23-08-10, 16:20.

Comment

aha Kate thats who I was thinking of then this one was born in Cartmell Westmorland. thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              aha Kate thats who I was thinking of then this one was born in Cartmell Westmorland. thanks for that.
              I wonder where that is. The Cartmel where my rellies came from was in Lancashire (north of the Sands) and then moved straight into Cumbria.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X