TRUSTHORPE near Maplethorpe Lincs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery: TRUSTHORPE near Maplethorpe Lincs

Is there a kind person visiting Trusthorpe Cemetery that could do a check on my aunt please?

ANNIE SMITH died between 1948 and 1964.

Any help in locating her would be greatly appreciated. I don't have anything else to go on other than she lived in Maplethorpe in her final years.
    I've lost my aunty! ANNIE SMITH last known address 232 WEST PARADE, LINC'S in 1939.

Have you tried contacting the cemetery office & asked them to check their records?

That'll be easier than looking round a cemetery where there might not be a headstone.
    Jay

Comment

Hi Jay
      will do..thanks
      I've lost my aunty! ANNIE SMITH last known address 232 WEST PARADE, LINC'S in 1939.

Comment

I've since discovered Trusthorpe did not start burials until the 70's. So that places aunty possibly at St Mary's church graveyard, Church Lane Maplethorpe. Latter Day Saints have records of St Mary's burials to 1951, but I need later burials. Am trying to locate who has them. Gosh this fun...LOL

Comment

Is there a crematorium in the area that she may of been taken to?

Have you checked the NBI, Lincs has great coverage on there, even upto 2002.
          Jay

Comment

Hi Jay
            The National Burial Index shows burials in Maplethorpe only to 1900. I'm looking at the 1950's for info on my aunt. I'm trying to get an answer from the reverend of Sy Mary's church to see who has the burial records, but no reply.

Comment

Hi Jan

If you can find out who they are then the churchwarden(s) might be a better person to contact & get an answer from.

The burial register to 1951 has been deposited at Lincs Archive so I would assume the church still has the post 1951 burial register. Tho saying that is the churchyard still open for burials? Maybe the last burial took place in 1951 hence the register ending then. But i've just re-read your post about Trusthorpe opening in the 1970's so maybe they closed the churchyard to burials then.

Hope you find her.
              Jay

Comment

Hi Jay
                Thank you for your interest. Lincoln archives have confirmed that the church still has the burials from 1951 onwards. So I'm going to email the church again with a request.

Did the post office or Kelly's etc still produce directories into the 1950's? I know Annie is not in any late 1940's phone book. I'm hoping someone will be able to do a look up in a directory, then I can go for the electoral rolls. How big was Maplethorpe in the 1950's?

Janet

Comment

Working...
                X