Mahala May Jackson no records after birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahala May Jackson no records after birth

hi :-) i have had some amazing help on this forum you have cleared up no end and i thank you all :-)

Mahala Harris married James Alfred Jackson on 19 Oct 1884 in banbury they went on to have 10 children one of them was Rose Mary Jemima Jackson my husbands grandmother.

we have found all birth death marrage and most of the children of 9 of them

Mahala May Jackson is a stcking point this evening we found the approx age 1892 and we have ordered the certificate - we can find nothing at all about her after birth. in the 1901 census she was 8 years old living in fish street banbury, in the 1911 census we found a 18 year old girl in the ophanage and roman catholic convent southam st james - the name on the list may jackson but we have no idea if this is her or not

they were not orphans we were told that all the girls went to school there - we actually took a drive there and it is still there :-)

thank you for taking a look at this for me julie

I'm sorry Julie but what exactly do you seem to be after?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Mahala May Jackson b june qtr 1892 Banbury on www.freebmd.org.uk

there is a death for Mahala Jackson sep qtr 1936 in Banbury aged 75..
      .now...could this have been mistranscribed and should be 45 ?...
      considering that Mahala HARRIS married a Jackson, do you think the birth of a Mahala Jackson in Banbury in 1861 feasible ?...I`ll look for a birth of Mahala Jackson 1861 ...allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 23-08-10, 10:17.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by julieanne13 View Post
        Mahala May Jackson is a stcking point this evening we found the approx age 1892 and we have ordered the certificate - we can find nothing at all about her after birth. in the 1901 census she was 8 years old living in fish street banbury, in the 1911 census we found a 18 year old girl in the ophanage and roman catholic convent southam st james - the name on the list may jackson but we have no idea if this is her or not
        So you are looking for a marriage and/or death or even I suppose emigration record? The 1911 census entry does look very likely to be her. If her mother was also called Mahala she may well have been known by her middle name of May to distinguish between the two. The problem then being that, unless she retained Mahala for use on official forms, and there is no legal need for that, looking for May Jackson will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Are there no family stories at all to at least place where she might have moved to or a date when she was still alive?
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

allan i can tell you the death in 1936 is her mother - we have the certificate. no one is alive to ask any information. all the other nine children we have married off got their children and then got death certificates, but mahala just seems to have droped off the plant! we know she was born but have no idea what happened to her.
          so what i am looking for is any information as to how she lived her life? thank you julie

Comment

Working...
          X