Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody find Bride and Groom after Marriage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody find Bride and Groom after Marriage ?

in August 1882 Islington
    Ann Elizabeth WALLIS born 1856 in Shoreditch although it says she is aged 23 ???
    Marries a William BROWN aged 23 a Printer his Father William BROWN a Bricklayer
    Cannot find anything of them after this ???
    Have checked Migration records and not found them.
    Can anybody else ? Thanks

Tough one - with the name of Brown and no idea where William was born.

It might be worthwhile searching through the LMA Baptism records to see if you can find any possible children - at least that would give you something to work on. There are quite a few William & Ann Brown entries, so you might have to open them all and see if you can match any with William's occupation.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine been doing that its mind blowing , I did find in 1881 a William Brown a Litho Printer with a Father William Brown a Painter ??? and wondered whether that was the Groom?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        I did find in 1881 a William Brown a Litho Printer with a Father William Brown a Painter ??? and wondered whether that was the Groom?
        Have you got the reference for that one?
        Elaine

Comment

yes its RG11 412 95 3 thanks and William was born in 1860

Comment

Not having much luck with this Val.
            Elaine

Comment

do you mean you cant find the census?? its William Brown born 1860 in Shoreditch Printer Litho living in 103 Wellington Row Bethnal Green thanks Elaine

Comment

No, I can find the census but really can´t confirm whether or not he is the one you are looking for.
                I found Ann Elizabeth WALLIS in the 1881 census, where she claims to be born in the City of London, but that didn´t help either!
                Elaine

Comment

thanks for trying Elaine I shall continue looking at the baptisms expect to see me some time next week LOL

Comment

Good luck!
                    Elaine

Comment

ah now have found in 1911 a William H Brown born 1858 a WATERSIDE LABOURER ? married to a Ann Elizabeth born 1861 Islington married 30 years
                      in 1901 the first child born was Elizabeth A in 1884 ??
                      What do you reckon ? could he have changed occupation ?

Comment

I would be sceptical about changing from a printer to a waterside labourer ... but anything is possible!
                        Can you find the Elizabeth A (born 1884) in the LMA baptisms?
                        Elaine

Comment

your right Elaine just checked the marriages and its a different couple boo hoo hoo

Comment

Hi Val - I've been dipping in and out of this one but I haven't managed to find anything..... I thought I'd try another angle and look into the witnesses at their marriage- I can't make out the name of one of them though, William ? ? and Mary Ann Keen - Can you shed any light on his William's name?

Comment

hi Deb and thanks for looking you wont believe this but I did look him up and found him in 1881 it was William F Redrup ???born in 1852 London a Gas and Hot Water and Steam Fitter Boiler Maker

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                hi Deb and thanks for looking you wont believe this but I did look him up and found him in 1881 it was William F Redrup ???born in 1852 London a Gas and Hot Water and Steam Fitter Boiler Maker
                                Val - I came across a William Brown, Boiler Maker today - coincedence??....! Just need to remember where it was!!!!

Comment

I found one too but he is married in 1881 ??

Comment

wonder about this one ?
                                    William H Brown born 1863 Devon a Printer Father William Brown born 1843 a Joiner living in Islington ?

Comment

In 1891 I think William H Brown is with a Louisa - Is it possible that Ann Elizabeth died before the 1891 census and William re-married?

Comment

I hadnt thought of that but you could be right thanks very much will see what I can find

Comment

Working...
                                        X