gate burton hall lincolnshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gate burton hall lincolnshire

does anyone have any information on the above especially in the 1800s seems there maybe a family mystery about a missed inheritance in connection with the above

The Lincs archives hold quite a lot of papers deposited by Mrs Sandors
    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a...dars&cid=-1#-1
    Not sure if I've done the link right!

Comment

what family name are you hoping to find connected to this Hall?
      WendyP

Comment

hi wendy
        thanks for your reply
        not sure what name precisely but my uncle told me that there was something related to my family tree and this hall basically
        it was maybe
        ernest roberts married harriet brown in abt 1900
        harriet browns parents were william brown and emma ??
        I think they married abt 1865
        it was either emma or her mother that this maybe connected too but as yet not been able to find emmas maiden name
        she was born abt 1843 possibly in lincoln lincolnshire
        her and william lived in gainsborough from 1871 census cant find them before
        the sandars family home was morton house lincs at one time as I found a wedding for eliza sandars to william hutchinson king in 1820 from the sandars family home
        julie

Comment

hi deb
          thanks for your reply
          yes link was ok thanks
          julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

do you have any of the family on any census? do you have any certificates to back up your findings? (I wouldnt want you to presume that your findings are correct unless you have proved them by buying the certificates and possibly chasing the wrong line if you havent)

do you know where/when Ernest Roberts was born and where on the 1901 census they were, perhaps if we put all the info on here then we can get a better picture of what you are looking for.

:D
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi
              Ernest Roberts was born in 1881 in Gainsborough he is on the 1901 census with his parents Robert Roberts and Fanny in Gainsborough (he also appears on the 1881 and 1891 census) he was a wheelwright/joiner
              Harriet Brown was born in 1882 in Gainsborough and christened there 25 nov 1882 her parents are William Brown and Emma
              I have a copy of the marriage certificate they married 12 oct 1901 in Gainsborough
              This is were I found Harriets father William Brown an iron moulder from Gainsborough I admit I had been following the wrong Brown family then!!
              William and Emma appear on the census from 1871 cannot find a definite for either before then
              William is down as born abt 1844 and Emma abt 1843
              There is a wedding to an Emma Wallhead in 1864 but not sure
              Lavinia was born 1865 as she is on 1871 census and seems to be first child
              William and Thomas appear on 1871 and 1881 census but lavinia married 1880
              Ernest and Harriet are my gt grandparents and are both buried in Lincoln Ernest died 17 oct 1958 and Harriet 5 june 1957 this was before I was born but I do have some pictures of them

Comment

if you have Harriets birth cert this will then give you Emmas maiden name, this will then enable you to find the correct marriage, I would say look for Lavinias birth but there do seem to be two of them born within months of each other.
                Having had a look it might be better to get Toms birth cert as he appears to be the only one born in that time frame. Not unless you can find the baptisms (if they were baptised of course)

parking here for reference:

1871:
                http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1871&indiv=1

1891: is this the same family?

1901?? again is this the right family?
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 24-08-10, 13:15. Reason: adding census refs
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi
                  No I do not have a birth certificate for Harriet
                  There are some christening records for some of them on familysearch for harriet fred albert annie and emma in gainsborough
                  and there are ones for lavinia and william these 2 being in Lincoln
                  I have found a william on 1861 who was an iron moulder apprentice and he lived in Lincoln he was an iron moulder on the wedding certificate
                  maybe they married in lincoln moving to gainsborough later
                  Obviously there hopefully are some parish records due to the christenings which I will have to try to view next time in Lincoln
                  Yes all the links you put to the censuses are the same family

Comment

Originally posted by puddin16 View Post
                    hi
                    Ernest Roberts was born in 1881 in Gainsborough he is on the 1901 census with his parents Robert Roberts and Fanny in Gainsborough (he also appears on the 1881 and 1891 census) he was a wheelwright/joiner.....

I have a copy of the marriage certificate they married 12 oct 1901 in Gainsborough

Ernest and Harriet are my gt grandparents and are both buried in Lincoln Ernest died 17 oct 1958 and Harriet 5 june 1957 this was before I was born but I do have some pictures of them
                    This is very interestesting to me as my Great Great Grandparents are Robert and Fanny Roberts of Gainsborough too! I think "puddin16" and I are related!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
                      It might be worth your while to send a private message to "puddin16" in case he/she misses your post.
                      If you click on the username to the left of his/her post you will see an option to send a private message.
                      Elaine

Comment

Working...
                      X