What's happened to Iplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's happened to Iplayer

I use Firefox and untill the other day could watch BBC iplayer through it. Suddenly I can't and have to go through IE. Can anyone suggest why and offer a solution?

Thanks
    Cath.

Hi Cath, I use Firefox (v3.6.8) and can watch iPlayer without any problem. Do you get an error message?
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I get through to iplayer right up to the "play" arrow and then it says that it can't play just now, try later. It's been like this for several days now.
      Cath.

Comment

How odd. Is it with any programme or a specific one? If you can use IE it doesn't indicate a problem with iPlayer. It could be that your version of Flash is out of date. Go here and click on the "Test your Adobe Flash Player installation." It will show which version you have and if you then scroll down, it will show which version is the most current. There's also a link to the Player Download Centre. If you have the current version, you might want to see if the BBC help pages have any advice.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I imagine that IE has made itself the default browser for Iplayer so you need to reset that. Perhaps there was an automatic update of IE which made the change or maybe even Iplayer.
          Margaret

Comment

I have the same proplem but with windows media player opens but nothing happens even if I press play are replay etc , does my head in
            borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
              I have the same proplem but with windows media player opens but nothing happens even if I press play are replay etc , does my head in
              WMP probably doesn't have the codec required to play the files. I always use Videolan's VLC media player for all of my video files and it's never failed me yet. Of course, it won't resolve the iPlayer problem, but it will work with any video files you have on your PC.

Comment

Working...
              X