X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage and Death lookups, please

Can anyone find this marriage?

Thanks
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 27-04-13, 13:31.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Charlotte Davies Sep 1843 Bolton 21 59

Comment

Where were they in 1861?

EDIT: Found them in Swadlincote in 1861 with daughter Edith aged 16. Cannot find a death between 1861 & 1871 though.
      Edmund is a widower in 1871 and has a female visitor living with him, Rachael Kate ??? aged 34. I also cannot find a marriage for Edmund unless he married 'out of the area'.
      Last edited by Granny Lynne; 22-08-10, 13:32.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Thanks Val
        Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 27-04-13, 13:31.

Comment

The only Edmund Sharpe marriage I can find to a Charlotte is a year early. Sept 1843 in Bolton ref 21 59 to a Charlotte Davies.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Is Edmund still in Swadlincote in 1871 or had he moved to Peterborough? The reason I ask is that there is a death of a Charlotte Sharpe in Oundle in Huntingdonshire in March 1862 ref 3b 121 and that isn't too far from Peterborough.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

1861:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ki1861&indiv=1

do you have Ediths birth cert? this would give Charlottes maiden name.

1851:

Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

there is a death registered in cambs in 1871

charlotte sharp
                AMJ 1871
                age 53
                district: chesterton
                vol:3b
                page: 291

though how near this is to p/boro is anyones guess.

have you considered the fact that he might have married bigamously?
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

district: chesterton
                  ... though how near this is to p/boro is anyones guess.
                  http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/d...hesterton.html describes which places are included - and they all seem to be south of Cambridge, rather than northward.

The Camdex site has a ref for the death: 331/SHE/9/457

Comparing that with the GenUKI data, I suspect that SHE = Shelford (There's a Great ~ and a Little ~ due south of Cambridge.)

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks everyone for lookups ... have made a note and will check if any fit with what we've got

Comment

Haven't found a marriage in Leicester 1837-1852 or at St Margarets and nothing in my burials for Notts with or without an E but I think there has been an update on the burials since
                      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

thanks for looking Elaine

Comment

Working...
                        X