Marriage lookup please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage lookup please

They're on 1841 census, she wasn't born in Derbyshire .. I've found a possible birth for Edith in Staffordshire but unable at this stage to confirm it.

Thanks
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 02-07-13, 07:44.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

From Family Search Record site

Edmund Sharpe / Edith Bourne
    05 Jun 1838 : Duston, Northampton, England
    Groom's Father's Name: William Sharpe
    Bride's Father's Name: William Bourne

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04636-6
    System Origin: England-EASy
    Source Film Number: 1999205
    Reference Number: Item 1 p 3 and 4 and 5
    Collection: England Marriages, 1538–1973
    Elaine

Comment

Free BMD (recorded as Edward not Edmund)
      Marriages Jun 1838
      BOURNE Edith
      SHARPE Edward
      Northampton vol 15, page 391
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - you are wonderful!

We looked at FreeBMD and Family Search but didn't find either ... what's your technique?

Comment

On the FamilySearch Record site I just started off at the main page - http://search.labs.familysearch.org/...art.html#start
          Entered Edmund Sharpe - marriage - England ... and then hit the search button!
          This bought up three pages of results - and I could see Edith Bourne easily on the first page.

If she wasn't so obvious I would have then refined the results by using the marriage date option, probably selecting 1830-1839 and 1840-1849 - which would have reduced it to just 6 entries.

You can also use the Refine search option (top right of screen) where you can add the name of the bride - again useful if you are getting too many results with fairly common names.

FreeBMD has him as Edward rather than Edmund - but I found that entry using Edith Bourne, rather than Edmund Sharpe.
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks for the info ... I've not seen that search page before ... this is the one I've been using http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Sear...set_search.asp

Comment

That page is for the IGI.
              The Record Search site is different - it is their new repository for parish records and being updated all the time so keep an eye on it.

Worth looking at their record collections - http://search.labs.familysearch.org/...rt.html#p=home
              - then click on Search or Browse our record collections - then select the area of the world you are interested in.

You can search using a specific database, or do a general search from the home page as I did with your request.
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks ever so much for this link .... hoping it will revolutionise my searches !!!

Comment

Working...
                X