look up 1861 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look up 1861 please

I have been looking for ages for a May/Mary Doland who should have been born around 1860.Her parents married in 1859 and her father died in 1860.Later she married a man born about 1864 and so knocked a few years off her age.I cannot find her before her marriage and need to prove that she was born in the timescale to have the father she thought she had.
    I have found,on Ancestry, on the 1861 census an entry for a Mary Dollan,born 1860,Lancashire,a lodger living in Lancashire,but I don't know where or with whom.
    If some kind soul would look it up for me I would be very greatful.I no longer have a sub.
    Fran

1861 census
    Household shows:
    Bridget Shackey 22 - head of household
    Ellen Shackey 16 - sister
    John Shackey 14 - brother
    Mary Shackey 8 - sister
    Mary Shackey 42 - mother
    Patrick Dollan 24 born Ireland - married - lodger
    Bridget Dollan 22 born Ireland - married - lodger
    Catherine Dollan 28 born Ireland - married - lodger
    Mary Dollan 4 Mo born Parish Mall, Lancashire - lodger
    Thomas Foster 30 - lodger

RG9; Piece: 3050; Folio: 135; Page: 67;

address Rochdale Road, Spotland.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine.It's back to the drawing board then!

Comment

What do you know about your May/Mary Doland?
        Elaine

Comment

Her mother married Milton Doland in 1859.He died 1860. She remarried in 1868 using her maiden name and saying she was a spinster.She married again in 1888.Apparently May did not get on with her mother,said she had to live with another family and that her mother got married "too many times" .On her(May's) marriage cert. her father is John Milton Dol(l)and.I cannot find her on any census until 1891 after she was married.She should have been born in the Liverpool area.On searching for her mother Esther I could not find one with the surname Doland anywhere,but did find Esther Hughes(her maiden name) born Wales and the right age(abt.1836) as a servant in Chorlton(upon Medlock I think)

Comment

so may/mary is the daughter of john milton dolland and esther hughes? can you give us a census ref for mary at all? one where you are sure it is her?

Comment

I have no sighting of May/Mary until she is married .I cannot give you the ref because I gave these records to my friend,whose tree it is.She married Edward Parry in 1890.(have cert) She gives her age as having been born several years after her father died,I suppose because Edward was younger.I cannot find her birth(not registered?) Have not discovered her baptism,nor have I seen her on 1861,71 or 81 census.Sorry not to be more precise.

Comment

Working...
              X