1871 surrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 surrey

somebody just explained to me about the search pilot thingy on family.org so went in hot pursuit of Maria Butler :o again.
    Any way I have been searching for her as born Woolwich on 1871 but on the family.org pilot search it says that the one born 1870 and baptised 1884 was resident in Surrey in 1870, so now I am wondering if the family were still in Surrey in 1871 census. I looked at possible marriages for her father and there is a marriage 1865 Guildford Surrey of a William BUtler and Maria Guy, could possibly have a link, Charles is said to be born approx. 1867...
    So can anybody find the family in 1871 but not the Maria Butler born Hampstread as that one married GEorge Shurety where as mine married William Pearson

Is this her?
    Maria Butler born c1870 London
    living in Marylebone registration district

Household;
    William Butler 45
    Maria Butler 46
    John Butler 12
    Eliza Butler 10
    George Butler 8
    Charles Butler 4
    Maria Butler 1

Parents names are correct and Charles and Maria's year of birth match....
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 20-08-10, 22:44. Reason: post edited .. please do not copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright.

Comment

Hang on - Forget that, she is the Hampstead Maria! for some strange reason she's been transcribed twice...once with London p.o.b and again with Hampstead??

Comment

Hang on - Forget that, she is the Hampstead Maria! for some strange reason she's been transcribed twice...once with London p.o.b and again with Hampstead??

Name: Maria Butler
        Estimated birth year: abt 1870

William Butler 45
        Martha Butler 45
        John Butler 12
        Eliza Butler 10
        George Butler 8
        Charles Butler 4
        Maria Butler 1

These two have to be the same family transcribed twice - I've not seen that before??

PS. I apoligise for my copy and paste error!
        Last edited by Deb N; 20-08-10, 23:01.

Comment

yes this one is a strange one as they appear to be my family but they were firstly put as being in a caravan on Hampstead heath and on the original they are crossed out and something scribbled about being moved on by police then they are re-written elsewhere. Gets very confusing as everybody immediately locks onto thisone as mine.

Comment

Working...
          X