Looking for a Bugg/Bacon marriage in the late 1790s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Bugg/Bacon marriage in the late 1790s

I am looking for the marriage of an Eleanor Bugg to an Unknown Bacon in the late 1790s to tie up all my circumstantial and limited paper evidence if I can't find it - in your considered opinions do you think the following is enough to tie the family links the following ladies together as sisters: Thamer, Eleanor and Ann Bugg who is my 2xgt Grandmother.

What I have: I have the will of Thamer Bugg who died in 1843. In it she leaves possessions to her sister Eleanor Wagstaff and her nieces Amelia Albery and Eliza Mosley. One her of executors is James Albery (Amelia's husband is called James). Thamer's death was registered by Eleanor Wagstaff. In 1841 Eleanor Wagstaff is living in Swan street with Amelia and James and their children. She dies in 1844 in Swan Street and James Albery registers the death. In 1814 Anne Bugg marries Samuel Cozens. Their first daughter is called Thamer followed by Ann and Amelia and Samuel. In 1815 Eleanor Bacon widow marries James Wagstaff and one of the witnesses is Samuel Cozens. I also have two portraits given by Thamar Smith nee Cozens to her nephew Samuel George Cozens in 1899. A letter written from Thamar Smith nee Cozens states that they are Francis and Mary Bugg from Parham who are Samuel's Gt grand parents. I have an IGI entry for Thamer Bugg in Parham with a Francis and Mary Bugg as parents which fits with the age on the death cert that I have for Thamer Bugg - but also lots of other siblings that are not Ann or Eleanor! and finally I have a hand written tree done by my father in the 1970s that although seems to be a bit uncertain as to who is connected with who back in the 1800s has things like sister or daughter marries Mr Albery, Mr Wagstaff, Mr Japp (went to Kingston Jamaica 3 children Thamer, Charles and Mary d1823) Mr Mosely, Mr Prior (with children and grand children named) and Mr Bishop.

What I don't have: Baptisms for Ann and Eleanor Bugg - especially for Ann to connect her with Thamer and Eleanor. Marriage for Eleanor to Mr Bacon. Baptism records for Amelia Eleanor Bacon - born Newington c1800 and Eliza Ann Bacon - who in censuses says born Manchester c1804.

Any help or advice/opinion gratefully received.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).
Working...
X