Ernest William Yule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest William Yule

I am trying to find out what happened to Ernest William Yule. He was born 31st October 1878 in Arbroath in Scotland. The 1881 Census shows that he is living with his parents, David and Mary at 11 Bank Street, Arbroath. his father was a Waste merchant. The 1891 census shows that the family have moved to 44, Nicol St. Kirkaldy and Abbotshall where his father is a Hemp-Mill Spinner. I have no further information for him except his marriage certificate which shows that he married Rose Gwendolyn Spinks on 4th July 1908 at the church of St. Martin in the Fields in London. Any help anyone can give will be very much appreciated.

Hello nodrogw

Ernest Yule is in the 1910 census in Seattle,Washington with his wife Rose and a daughter Alice aged 1.
    It states that the year of immigration was 1907.

Yule Ernest,Lodger, aged 31.married. born Scotland, father and mother born Scotland. He's a broker in real estate.
    Yule Rose.lodger,aged 26,married,born in England, father and mother born in Scotland.
    Yule Alice,lodger, aged 1 father born Scotland,mother born England.

I'll try and find them in 1901.

Just adding that Ernest probably went out there first as the date of immigration is only against his name, not Roses or Alices.
    He may have come back to marry Rose a year later and took her back with him.
    Last edited by Astro Lady; 20-08-10, 11:30. Reason: added more

Comment

Thank you so much for the above information. I don't know whether we have the right person, although it seems too coincidental for it not to be, but I have a copy of a birth certificate for George Leonard Yule, father Ernest Yule and mother Rose Yule (maiden name Spinks) where George Leonard was born in London, England 25th June 1911. There is a suggestion that Ernest may have died prior to his birth, and Rose returned to England while she was pregnant with George Leonard. However, no-one in the family knows anything about Alice. Is it possible for you to find out if Ernest died in America around 1910/11. Thanks in anticipation.

Comment

1911 census 29 Orange Street The Strand London we have Rose Yule 30 with daughter Gwendolyn Alice 2.. She is a clerk. There is a birth in 1909 for Gwendolyn Alice (the Strand)
        Last edited by anniern; 01-09-10, 15:50.
        Anne

Comment

Working...
        X