Eades/Seymour marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eades/Seymour marriage

In 1841 James Eades (b 1816) is in East Pennard, Somerset, working as an ag lab, Maria Seymour (b. ca 1822) is working as FS in Bristol. By 1851 they are living as Husband and Wife, running the Angel Inn in Long Ashton Somerset, with their 2 year old son.

I've searched and searched but cannot find any marriage for this couple. Is there someone out there with better luck than me?

Thanks

Linda
    Last edited by ozgirl; 19-08-10, 18:49.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

It is possible that they were not married Linda, just living together as husband and wife.

I have one couple - Gervase Taylor and Ann Bingham who had one child who was registered in the mother's maiden name. The next child and all subsequent children were registered with the mother giving her name as Taylor nee Bingham

The actaul marriage between Gervase and Ann was 12 years after the second child was born. Her father was a witness on the marriage certificate
    Barbara

Comment

I had this problem as well I couldn't find a marriage for my gran and she told me the date etc. I went through the records online year by year quarter by quarter searching. I never found a marriage she was married locally so I went there and they have no record so I am guessing she did a name change.
      I think going through the records quarter by quarter can help is very time consuming but you might find it that way as it may of been missed or wrongly spelt.
      Jen

Comment

I was thinking that might be the case, but thought I might have missed something. I've tried all sorts of spelling permutations, problem is I'm not sure of where they married, so there's a lot of records to go through! This side of the family is causing a lot of problems, as it looks like the same thing happened with another two.

Thanks for having a look.

Linda
        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Working...
        X