John Scott/Mary Dalrymple - living at Newbie Barns Annan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Scott/Mary Dalrymple - living at Newbie Barns Annan

I am trying to find out some information concerning my great great grandfather, John Scott. He married Mary Dalrymple in Annan in 1847. Mary died in 1882. John was still alive.
    They lived in Newbie Barns all their married life, and john was an agricultural labourer. There is a John Scott, a widower, who married Margaret Robinson, a widow, in Annan in 1889, but the parents shown on the marriage certificate for John are different from those who I have always believed were his parents. John was born about 1826 in Canonbie, Dumfriesshire. However, I have discovered at least 2 John Scotts who were born in Canonbie in that year.
    I cannot find any information for a John Scott's death on the Scotlands People site. I have tried all years between 1882 and 1902 when Margaret died. she was a widow when she died. I would like to know if anyone living in Newbie Barns would be buried in Annan, or if there was a more local cemetery or churchyard. If anyone can help me untangle this problem, I would appreciate it very much.

Hi,
    I have think found you man's death by extending the date of birth a bit.
    My own gg grandad was 12 years out on one cert so it is best to be open minded about ages.
    I will PM you and you can let me know if I am on the wrong track.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Working...
    X