Born in British Military Hospital.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Born in British Military Hospital.

If someone is born in a British Military Hospital, but is not military, would there be a record of the birth somewhere? I've checked on Overseas births on Familyrelatives and there is nothing there.

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

There are some more overseas BMDs on this site, but I don't think either of them are complete, unfortunately:

Comment

Thanks Mary, but unfortunately no matches there.

Linda
      Linda

Comment

I'd have thought the birth would be registered either in the military or in the consular registrations.

If the details need to be kept discreet, you could PM me, and I'll see what I can find?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

if the birth was in this country then the record should surely be on the normal births ??? my Aunt was born in a Military Hospital and her birth is registered as normal.

Comment

Thanks Val - should have said birth was abroad, and the base no longer exists. It is a living person so can't give full details.

Linda
            Linda

Comment

Which country was it?

Comment

The country was Aden, when a British Protectorate. Christine in Herts has just had a good look for me and thinks there is a good chance that he was missed off the register, as there is a mark for an entry that was never made.

Thanks

Linda
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X