Have will but no burial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have will but no burial

Jacob Wilson's will is dated 13th March 1807, it was proved 8th December 1807.

Jacob was a master mariner of Whitby & his wife Ann was buried there in 1805.

I can't see him on the NBI or the Whitby PR transcripts i've got.

I'm also looking for the burial of his son, Isaac, who according to the will died between 1801 & 1807, he was a sailor & also of Whitby.

I'm wondering if they both died at sea?

Anyone see possible burials?

Thanks
    Jay

I wonder if Ann had a headstone, which might have been updated after the men's deaths.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Jay, some of OH's family came from Whitby.

There is a "Whitby Group" hosted by Yahoo and I have used them in the past. OH's cousin is a regular member there.
      Here is the link - it might be worth asking them as many of them have access to lots of information.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Ah an MI, thanks Uncle John i'll get onto that.

Thanks Elizabeth, not seen them before. They may prove useful as using the PR transcripts I have once all my findings are confirmed i'm back to a marrige in 1700.
        Jay

Comment

Have signed up just wanting to be accepted.
          Jay

Comment

Working...
          X