Please Help. I can't find a record of a death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help. I can't find a record of a death

Hi, Please help me, I can't find a death for my Grandmother, Her Name at Birth was Elizabeth Hilda Lee, and was born in 1901 in - Houghton Le Spring, Durham, she Married Wilfred Sayers in 1920 in Houghton, Durham. Please Help, I can't find it anywhere.

Regards
    John

Do you know when Wilfred died? Is there any chance she remarried?
    Elaine

Comment

I think Wilfred died in 1970, don't know if she remarried.

Comment

Is this Wilfred's death?
        Wilfred Sayers Birth Date: 9 Mar 1901
        Death Registration Month/Year:1970
        Registration district:Sunderland Inferred County:Northumberland
        Volume: 1a Page: 2176

Comment

Might be worth getting the death cert for Wilfred to see if the informant is someone you could contact about your grandmother.
          Margaret

Comment

There is a tree on genesreunited with Wilfred in it. If you are not a member let me know if you would like me to make contact on your behalf. You will need to semd me a private message with your email address for me to give.
            Margaret
            PS this tree also has Elizabeth Lee in it.

Comment

Hi, Thank for the quick replies, that is Wilfreds death, and the tree on genesreunited might be mine you were lookind at.
              John

Comment

The tree is in the name of Raymond ****.
                Margaret

Comment

Yeah thats my first name.
                  John

Comment

Sorry I've not been much help on this one. I think you'll have to get the death cert for Wilfred and see what help that can give - if your grandmother was the informant you'll at least get an address and know she was alive at that point. If it's someone else and they are family members they may be able to help you with some information about her.
                    Margaret

Comment

If you get an address for her or already know where she was living when she died then you could try the register office local to that as sometimes registrations don't make it to the GRO index and will only be available from the office where the death was registered.
                      Margaret

Comment

Thanks very much for your help and advice, I will try that. I was led to believe that she died before him, and that she died in the 1940's.
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X