Does anyone use Safari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use Safari?

Im getting a bit fed up with Firefox "not responding" or freezing - someone suggested using Safari? Anyone use it please?

I use Firefox and don't have problems of freezing or not responding. Might be your PC rather than the browser.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I would agree with Wendy.
      If you want to try something different have you tried Chrome - that's my second choice brower. IE my 3rd choice ... if I am really desperate! :D
      Elaine

Comment

I think Rachel mentioned Safari Heather ask her

Comment

Given that you have recently mentioned other apps freezing or running slowly on your PC, I would follow Wendy's advice and look beyond it being a browser issue....
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Well, firefox has always been a problem with "not responding" messages though.

Comment

I thought that Applemac mainly use Safari so it must be good. I can see no reason why you cannot use it on Windows.

I am just going to update to IE8 and thinking about Chrome. Not sure why one needs more than one browser.
              Margaret N
              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Oh, Ive put chrome on and its fair whizzing along

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
                  Not sure why one needs more than one browser.
                  Very occasionally you find that some sites don't work as they should with a particular browser - hence the need to have a second one.
                  For example when I try to access any official Spanish site, e.g. to do my tax on line, I find that they don't always work with Firefox in which case I switch to Chrome. It doesn't happen very often but it's useful to have a second browser "just in case"!
                  If you are an IE user and haven't tried Chrome, then I would definitely give it a go - I find it much quicker. If you don't like it you can always delete it!
                  Elaine

Comment

You seem to have found a solution to your problem, but if you still want recommendations for Safari, I use it at home (on a mac) but I have also put it on my windows pc at work to use as a backup in case some future windows update causes a problem with IE. As far as I can see it works fine in windows.

Regards
                    Linda
                    LindaG

Comment

Thanks Linda, this Chrome is amazingly fast and no "not responding" so far

Comment

Heather,

You say Chrome "not responding" does that mean you have a problem with it?

When it first came out I thought that it was very invasive and felt that it had taken over my PC so unistalled that was alongtime ago. How do you find that problem?
                        Margaret N
                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi margaret, no I meant it was working fine. With firefox I was getting a lot of "not responding" messages. Actually I am beginning to wonder if the WD hard drive soft ware is the cause of the freezing as yesterday my word processor froze. I have learnt now just to sit and wait for 20 or so seconds and it starts up ok. This time a message came up from MS saying WD manager has stopped working, it has been closed". So may be that was the program causing the freezing all along.

Comment

Working...
                          X