Hands & harford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands & harford

Mark John Hands (born around 1827) and Jane Harford (born around 1829) married in Marylebone, June quarter, 1848.
    Children - Alfred Marks born 1850 Stepney, Henry French born 1852 Whitechapel and
    George Frederick born 1854 Whitechapel. The family came to Australia, Victoria, on the
    OUDERKERK VAN DEN AMSTEL in Jan, 1855. I have info going forward for Alfred Mark..he married Julia Honeyman..for which I've done a separate post. I wondered if anyone is researching the Hands or the Harford's in the UK.
    Last edited by naomiatt; 14-08-10, 07:39.

Do you have the marriage certificate for Mark Hands and Jane Harford - available on Ancestry LMA records
    Elaine

Comment

Hi - no I don't Elaine. Can you poss tell me what it says?..
      As mentioned in my other post, my computer is really slow and won't be back to normal until Monday.

Comment

Marriage 16 Apr 1848 - St Mary, Bryanston Square, Westminster

Mark Hands - full age - bachelor - glass cutter
        Residence at time of marriage: of St. Mary district
        Jane Harford - full age - spinster
        Residence at time of marriage - same district

Groom's father - John Hands - deceased - no occupation shown
        Bride's father - John Harford - no occupation shown

Witnesses: John Hands / Sarah Harford
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine...

Comment

Can anyone by any chance see further info going backwards for Mark and his father, John Hands..likewise for Jane and her father John Harford... I wonder if John the witness was an uncle and if Sarah was Jane's sister or mother...

Comment

Mark on the 1851 is from limerick, Ireland. Cannot see him on the 1841.

Will have a look for John Hands and Jane....
              Karen

Comment

According to a tree on ancestry jane's parents are John Harford 1795- 1864 and Jane Shepherd 1802-1884. the family is from wiltshire.

Sarah may be the sister born 1828, she marries in 1850.
                Last edited by Karen S; 15-08-10, 02:27.
                Karen

Comment

Thanks for the info KarenS - there was mention of a Jewish link to this family, but I can't see it..perhaps later down the track..
                  There were some Jewish Hand's showing in the 1851 census and I found more burials in the 1940's..both called John funnily enough.....

Comment

Working...
                  X