Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please, I am confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, I am confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I tried to find the following family early last year and had no luck! So I have come back to try again and still I seem to be having trouble! Whether its because they were 'travellers' and were not registered on the 1861 census I don't know but they are proving to be a pain in the wotsit
    So, this is what I have so far:
    John Bland b. 1838ish Marcham/Hanney/Abingdon, Berkshire
    Eliza Waite b. 1845 Canterbury, Kent
    These 2 never married by all accounts although they lived as man and wife!
    1841- John is with his parents at Longworth, Berkshire
    1841-Eliza not yet born
    1851- John is at a boys school in Swindon, Wiltshire (is it my John?)
    1851- Eliza- Too many to find the right one!
    1861- Cannot find either John or Eliza even though according to later census' they supposedly have children by now (John's parents are in Peppard/Henley, Oxfordshire with a son Joseph, is this really single John, therefore meaning the oldest children belong to Eliza whose possibly married before? And is therefore lying about her age, as that means Matilda would of been born to her at 14 if going by the 1845 birth year of Eliza which would be unlikely in those times?)
    1871 and onwards living in Peppard/Henley, Oxfordshire

Children: Matilda b. 1857, Marchwood, Hampshire, Patience b. 1859, ?, Harriet 1861, Sutton, Berkshire, John 1866, Liddington?, Wiltshire (the other children are then born in Peppard/Henley, Oxfordshire)

Sorry for all the info. just wanted to someone to read it as I have it and see if they can make sense of it at all?

Many many thanks for your help

Tessie

tessie,

do they go under the name of Bland? in later census?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi, in 1881 they are mis-transcribed as Brand! Thanks for having a look!
      Tessie

Comment

I can't seem to find a birth on freeBMD for Matilda Bland or Waite in 1857 , am I looking for the correct person ?
        Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
        http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
          Hi, in 1881 they are mis-transcribed as Brand! Thanks for having a look!
          Tessie
          Ta, Tessie..

have you seen this tree??

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...0__date=2&cp=0
          Julie

Comment

Yes I had, but I had most of that info anyway. I cannot find a birth for Matilda nor Patience

Comment

maybe they were baptised instead? can you confirm that John is staying with his aunt Cinderella in the 1881 census?
              Julie

Comment

No! John is living with Eliza and some of their younger children in Kingwood, Rotherfield Peppard, Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                  No! John is living with Eliza and some of their younger children in Kingwood, Rotherfield Peppard, Oxfordshire
                  yep I have now found that, did you notice a Joseph on the same page abit further down? with Patience his wife? 1881 cens
                  Julie

Comment

cant see anything else atmo, sorry
                    Julie

Comment

Hi, thanks for taking a look, just can't find them on 1861 or the two childrens birth. Do you think the Joseph further down is John's brother, if so then the Patience can't be my patience as that would be his niece and thats not legal!

Comment

Have found a marriage for Patience in 1877, Henley, however, on the Ancestry tree it says that on John's death cert. in 1901 his daughter Patience has the surname Mooren. However the marriage I have found isn't to a Mr Mooren and I can't find a Mooren marriage to a Patience! Is it worth getting this marriage cert. just to see what it says, in case there is any info on it?

Comment

I think that you are getting in a muddle Joseph is listed as Head and Patience is listed as 'tent keeper' or something (though Mistress is actually crossed out as well) (on the 1881 cens) I think that he could be Johns brother, and if Patience was Johns SIL then why not name one of his children after her?
                          Julie

Comment

Patience is one of John's daughters, therefore Josephs niece? Or am I totally confused? Going to have to write it out so I can see where I am!!
                            Thanks for trying, think I am giving up again for a while on thid branch!
                            Tessie

Comment

Before you give up again
                              Its possible that Patience and Matilda might have married brothers?
                              Dec 1875 Henley
                              Matilda Reed Bland
                              Henry Wright W Moren

Dec 1877 Henley
                              Patience Bland
                              Andrew Wright Waymark

Because there's a possible (late?) marriage March 1875 Henley
                              Moses Moren + Anne Wright Waymark
                              This surname varies a lot - Moren, Morehen, Moorhen, Moring, Mooring
                              Moses & Ann Mooren are in the Tents, Smiths Orchard, Kingwood in 1881 (1489/16/10, the page before the Blands).
                              Henry and Andrew are sons of Moses in 1871, but the mother is Mary! Yet a possible sister called Freedom seems to have been registered in Henley 1871 as Waymark
                              Andrew & Patience Mooren and Henry & Matilda Mooring are in Cottages, Kingwood Common, Rotherfield Peppard in 1881
                              In the later census Matilda is born Berks Bucklebury and Patience born Hants Southampton
                              John Bland seems to be well and truly missing in 1861, but Joseph and Patience are in Brightwaltham in 1871 (1269/41/22) under the name Juffs(?) - possibly his mother's name as there's a marriage John Bland-Rose Jeffs in Oxford 1819.

Is it possible that Eliza not born Canterbury in Kent, but Kintbury in Berkshire, or nearby? An Eliza Wait registered March 1845 Hungerford, but no sign of thereafter (and no death or burial I can see) It would fit in better location wise, but she couldn't really be the mother of Matilda, Patience and probably Harriet, John would have to have had another partner or there’s some other explanation.
                              Jon
                              Last edited by JonnyB; 17-08-10, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X