Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I order a will?

Hi

I have found a will on the new ancestry records and would like to order a copy. The ones I have ordered in the past have been proved for Nottingham. This one is for London so can I still order it from York or not.

Thanks
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

I always oder from my local probate office in Leicester and they get them wherever they were proved. Maybe Nottingham would do the same.
    Margaret

Comment

York handle postal requests for the whole of England & Wales so will be able to help you.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

When I went to Nottingham archives they gave me the York address years ago but wasn't sure if it was just for 'up north' so to speak.

Will be ordering tomorrow and hope the wait isn't too long.
        Lin

Comment

Various addresses listed on this page - http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1226.htm
          Elaine

Comment

Hi Lin,

this tells you about where and how much it is, the ones I have sent off for came from York, even though they were in warwickshire..

Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks everyone

I think I will go through the York one as I have now found a couple in Staffs for OH tree and also one for me in Lincs but not directly related

OH is not really interested but took an interest in my wills I got and thought I would order them as a surprise for him. With him not being interested I have done his side on the cheap.

Julie, I had looked at that site them realised the one I wanted was from London and took fright. I will add both sites to my favourites for future ref
              Lin

Comment

Working...
              X