"Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Every time I try to open a file in My Documents I get a box pop up with this message. It makes no difference if I click 'send error report' or 'don't send', My Documents still closes. I have found that if I move the box to the bottom of the screen I can still access my files, but then have to 'Ctl Alt Delete' to exit My Documents and it's a bloomin' nuisance :(

When I mentioned it to my techy son-in-law he just pursed his lips and sucked his breath in Does that mean I've got a big problem or is there something I can do to fix it? I have Norton GoBack, but I've tried to ignore the problem for too long and that won't go back far enough
    I'm running Windows XP.

Can anyone help please?
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Do you mean you have a problem with one specific file or any file? If it's the same file every time it sounds like it's corrupt and you may have to recreate it or go back to an earlier version if you have backed it up. If it's any file I would do a scan of My Documents with your anti-virus software and see if it comes up with anything.

Laurence.

Comment

Im having probs with my Word processor. Some documents wouldnt open or the page froze and I had to close down the puter. Im not sure whats causing it but it did seem to start after some MS updates a week or so ago :(

I dont know if this new MS beta program can help. Ive downloaded it and run a few of the applications and had things fixed?

Comment

Working...
      X