Family Tree Maker 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker 2008

I did like the way you could get a Descendants report for over 16 generations and wondered if there is any other FTM Proram that would do the same and in that format as in the FTM 2006 Program.

Elaine will know I have the 2010 edition which I havent put on yet - it came with 6 months world wide sub to ancestry - a real bargain. I still think the 2006 was the best program yet. I will hope the 2010 is just as good when I get round to using it.

Comment

FTM 2008 was a very poor program when it was initially released - if I remember rightly there was a free update and they have gradually improved things over the last couple of years with FTM2009 and FTM2010. A new version, FTM 2011 is due to be released 1st October.

I'm using the 2010 version at the moment and can't really remember what you can and can't do with 2008.
      If you click on the PUBLISH icon (top of screen) do you get a list of possible Reports and Charts listed on the left hand side of the screen?
      If so click on Genealogy Reports and then select Register Report.
      Click the icon on the right - CREATE REPORT
      Do you then have a list of options on the right hand side of the screen where you can click the number of generations. You should be able to create a report for as many generations as you want.

Have to say that I think the layout/format of the reports that you can generate through the later versions of the program are better than the ones in FTM2006 - but the charts are definitely not. However, one of the improvements in the 2011 version is apparently better charts .... we will see!
      Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine ,i will check now. I am also waiting for the Ftm 2011.

Comment

Elaine ,
          Just had a look and can say definitly that there are no reports that can match the ftm2006 and also there are no options to generate the number of generations that i can see from Create Report
          Thanks all the same i will wait till a better program is available

Comment

Hopefully FTM 2011 will address all the issues that still bug us when we compare back to the 2006 version!
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X