please help - totally confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help - totally confused

hello all :-) i have the marrage and the death of Stuart Gerald William Wincott son of William Earnest Wincott (born in Banbury) from his death certificate he was born 15 march 1921 died in 2005 married Joan Edwards in 1949 in Hitchin. Now i have looked a few years either side of 1921 and cannot find any trace could any one please give me some ideas on where i am going wrong? thank you julie
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 12-08-10, 09:53. Reason: reinstated name of spouse as dec'd

Here it is
    Stuart G W Wincott Spouse Surname: Edwards
    Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1949
    Registration district: Hitchin
    Registration county (inferred): Hertfordshire Volume Number:4b Page Number: 252

Comment

oh you wanted the birth! )

Comment

Had a look at births and can't see anything. Could he have been born in Scotland or Ireland?
        Margaret

Comment

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Comment

thank you for the welcome :-) i have no idea where he might have been born i just presumed he stayed in the same area but i guess i shouldnt presume :-)

Comment

Hello Julie and welcome to Family Tree Forum,

I have had to edit your post as we do not permit details of living people to be posted, if you can confirm that the wife has died then, you can reinstate it.

if however she is still living then anyone who would like to help can do so via PM (private message)
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I wonder if he could have been adopted or if the name has just been mistranscribed.
                I have searched from 1915--1930 & there are a couple of Wincott families in Banbury, one starting from 1922 with mmn of Jackson but there is no Stuart or Gerald or William b Banbury!
                Sorry can't help but welcome to FTF
                Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

it might be that Stuart was born out of wedlock and therefore was registered with his mothers name.
                  Julie

Comment

Good idea Julie, not one under Jackson, off to try another name

Nope, the other maiden name in that time frame was Read & he's not there either, must be another area.
                    Last edited by Vivienne; 11-08-10, 12:03.
                    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I am having alot of trouble with Freebmd at the moment, it is sooooooooo slllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww
                      Julie

Comment

Have you tried to look at christening records? I have found one person who was given an additional forename when she was christened and used that name for the marriage certificate.

Bob
                        http://buswalks.co.uk

Comment

hi all :-) firstly for the moderators i can confirm that his wife joan edwards is dead. secondly i have now searched scotland and no luck. thirdly i have searched stuart wincott stuart g, stewart gerald, stewart gw tried gerold wincott and many variations - beging to think i am mad - but as you have all tried it makes me feel better :-) as for christening records i have no idea how to access them sorry. but thank you all so very much for trying :-)

Comment

Thank you Julie for confirming that,

who were the witness' names on the marriage cert please, this might help :D
                            Julie

Comment

so sorry julie i have got it all wrong! my family tree is chidlow this is hubby side and i am not that upto date on it :-) so the facts are william earnest wincott is my husbands grand fathers brother on his death certificate the informant was stuart gerrold willam wincott son. now he belived that none of the brothers married except his grandad so this information was a surprise. so he has spent many hours trying to find his records of stuart :-)

Comment

I have just had a quick look Julie, I have found a birth reference for a Charles William E. Wincott born 1905 Banbury.. is this your Hubbys Grand Uncle?
                                Julie

Comment

oky doky here is my family tree that is causing me such a headache
                                  starting with hubby and his mum which i cannot give names of
                                  grandmas father was leonard charles wincott born 22/10/04 died 9/6/46
                                  his dad william george wincott born 13/9/1874 died 23/5/1951
                                  all born in banbury
                                  his dad william wincott born butlers marston 25/1/1849 died 21/10/1928

hubbys grandad leonard charles had a brother william earnest wincote and on his death certificate his son STUART GERALD WINCOTT was the informant
                                  heres the twist - according to family members none of the brothers married except leonard so this was a big surprise.
                                  after searching we think we found his marrage and his death in 2005 and he was born in 1921. BUT after extensive searches on the net we cannot find his birth certificate nothing similar at all and we really need to know his mothers name.
                                  is there any oe who can hlep please? thank you julie

Comment

ok, I see that he died in Rutland, (stuart that is) Do you have Stuarts father & family on the 1911 census?
                                    Julie

Comment

yes
                                      william george head 36
                                      emma anne wife 36
                                      william earnest son 14
                                      wilfred james son 10
                                      leonard charles son 6
                                      albert edward son 1

Comment

aha! that confirms that the family I have found in the 1901 cens is the right one.

so as far as you know, only Leonard had married, but now you find that William had a son too? have you looked for any other marriages? Albert and Wilfred?

(sorry about going over the ground, I just want to get it clear in my head )
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X