freebmd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freebmd question

I have always relied upon freebmd site for birth regeistrations but is it possible that a birth is registered but not on there? If I go to the library and look at their microfisches for 1870 would a birth suddenly appear?;)

1870 shows as 100% complete, but they do say "Please note that the percentage completions are based on estimates and, in particular, a value of 100% does not guarantee that all entries have been transcribed."

Or the name has been mistranscribed.

Comment

If you select the "Images" link from the Freebmd home page you can browse through the images for each initial in a particular quarter
      http://buswalks.co.uk

Comment

I didn't know that, thanks Bob.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Lynne View Post
          I didn't know that, thanks Bob.
          I didnt know that either. save me a trip to the library. Just of to try it now.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
            I have always relied upon freebmd site for birth regeistrations but is it possible that a birth is registered but not on there? If I go to the library and look at their microfisches for 1870 would a birth suddenly appear?;)
            It is possible that a birth doesn't appear.

For years I looked for the death of Jane Newton from Bankside, Southwark, who died between 1851 and 1861. I only found her after her burial appeared on the Family Search Pilot site. She was buried in 1854. I then looked at the indexes on FMP and found that a page was missing. By going on FreeBMD I was able to find the image by going through the images for that quarter, although the death wasn't transcribed.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I did just look but didnt find anything extra..... still puzzling this one out. At least now I have a birth date to go by even if it may be ficticious..lol

Comment

I can't find grandmother's birth registration in 1876 - I've found the christening but no-one can find a registration. Have looked on Freebdm, Ancestry, the indexes, local registrars but to no avail. Can only assume they forgot.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

similar thing here JBee. No birth registration for great grandmother or her brother and missing from 1871 census. First appearance in 1881 metropolitan district school so no idea who parents are apart from fathers name on marriage certificate.

Comment

Working...
                  X