Francis James RAINE b 1816-7 St Luke's Chelsea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis James RAINE b 1816-7 St Luke's Chelsea

I don't want anyone to breach their T&C for Ancestry, but I'd like to know if it's worth adding this potential Baptism to my list for my next library visit?
    bap 11 Aug 1816 St Luke, Chelsea: Francis James "RAIN" [C067053] St Luke's Chelsea

I reckon his parents were William RAINE & Catherine Sophia.

I've found him in these censuses:
    1851 HO107/2390 fo5 p3 "James"
    1861 RG09/3698 fo10 p13
    1871 RG10/4962 fo135 p52

I haven't managed to find him in 1841, and haven't looked yet in the later censuses (to which I do have access).

And if anyone has him in their tree, of course, I'd be interested.

Christine
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In this context, researching: TAINSH, RAINE, COOK(E), TEAGUE
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

You got his parents correct, father a soldier.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

There's less information in the register than you've got! Parents William and Catherine, abode North Street, occupation soldier. Baptised by the Rector in a batch of 4).
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thank you both very much. Sorry for the delayed reply - I spent yesterday driving around, including meeting up with that particular friend to talk about how I was getting on with her research.

I had picked up Catherine's extra Christian name from the IGI, looking for other children of the same parents.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X