National Probate Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Probate Calendar

Am adding this here in case some of you miss it on the Genealogy News section - now available on Ancestry

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941

Have fun!
    Elaine

WOW! Thanks Elaine! :smilee:
    Sarah

Comment

Yippeeee...thanks Elaine ;D

Comment

I second Sarah's comment: wow! I'm off to do some hunting...this should be fun! Thanks for the heads up Elaine!
        Luke Mouland
        Genealogist, Historian & Writer
        Kith & Kin Research
        Blog: www.kithandkinresearch.posterous.com

Comment

Thanks for putting up that link - I shall have a busy afternoon!
          Margaret

Comment

Great news.

Thank you for the link.

Comment

This is a very naughty thread to post. Especially today when I am supposed to be help OH with a reno job. Already found two death dates. Now is it possible to order the wills when one lives so far away?
              Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thanks Elaine
                I have been busy this afternoon with that and found 8 wills. I have pasted to FB so FTF friends see it there.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I can't wait to get home from work and get started. Think it is soup or a bacon Sandwich for dinner tonight. No time for anything else

Thanks
                  Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Nelde View Post
                    This is a very naughty thread to post. Especially today when I am supposed to be help OH with a reno job. Already found two death dates. Now is it possible to order the wills when one lives so far away?
                    My apologies Donelda. I'm sure your OH will understand if you tell him you are just too busy to help!

Scroll down to the bottom of the search page on Ancestry - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=1904
                    and you will see a link to the Probate Registry website which gives you information about ordering wills.
                    Elaine

Comment

please somebody can you tell me what is says one the entry for Fanny Morrey died 1904 Shropshire? My sub has run out.

Comment

1904 Morrey Fanny of Links-common Hinstock Shropshire widow died 1 August 1904 Administration Shrewsbury 28 October to Thomas Morrey groom. Effects £100 13s 6d

Comment

Thanks, Elaine....

I think i can see one that is mine......John Judge 1921 Liverpool, can some kind person check it out for me please...
                          Thanks.
                          Jacky

Comment

There are two John Judges showing for 1921

Probate 1921 - John Judge - Died 18 Jul 1921 Sheffield
                            Probate 1921 - John Judge - Died 17 Oct 1921 Leicester

.. can't see one for Liverpool
                            Elaine

Comment

Can't see one for Liverpool Jackie

beat me to it Elaine
                              PAT

Comment

Thanks ever so much, Elaine and Pat !

My John died 13 Jan 1921..
                                Jacky

Comment

I can't believe how many I've found... what a great resource

Comment

I found a probate for one of mine who's death had been proving difficult to pinpoint (several wasted certificate purchases!) - quite a common name and in London! Got the details now and confirmed it's mine by ref to the 1911 census and her sister's address who was granted probate in 1907.
                                    Thanks again Elaine.
                                    Margaret

Comment

I've been going to High Holborn about twice a year to heave those ledgers about, the search room is now on the top floor, much smaller and with no lockers so I'm relieved to be able to search from my sofa instead

Comment

Thanks very much for all your past look-ups, Jill

Comment

Working...
                                        X